What's new

Cryptopay wireless range

bigjws

Reaction score
I emailed the Cryptopay guys to see what range their card system has, and they said '100's of feet'...wanted to see if any of you guys that have the system running can tell me how far away you have the main unit from the card swipers. I'm looking at putting the main unit approx 200 to 250' away..

Thanks!

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
They say the system will piggyback off of the other readers. As long as they aren't spaced to far apart, the one farthest away will send the info to another one if it won't reach the receiver in the room. At least that's what I was told.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My main building has the internet connection, not the SS building. The coordinater is about 75 feet from the neares swiper. I had to play with it, finaly placing it in a window for it to work.

So, aside from distance, the construction of the buildings and other obstacles may be important factors.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
There is a test mode that will light the leds to display signal strength, But putting the Modem higher in the air away from metal, will help. It is a mesh network they said, so the farthest one only needs to talk to the next one.
I can't imagine unless you are really spread out it will not work, but having said that. Steel buildings and such can sure limit radio range even on cellphones.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I emailed the Cryptopay guys to see what range their card system has, and they said '100's of feet'...wanted to see if any of you guys that have the system running can tell me how far away you have the main unit from the card swipers. I'm looking at putting the main unit approx 200 to 250' away..

Thanks!
I think the question Cryptopay needs to answer is not the range of the network but what is the maximum distance the controller can be from the first.closest swiper. I know it will depend on factors such as obstructions in between but if they came back and said with no obstructions it is about 500ft that would give a good idea. The beauty of a mesh network is all the readers can pass the information between them so if one fails one of the other readers can take the information and pass it along...kind of like taking the side road when there is a traffic jam.