What's new

Cryptopay trouble

chiggybite

Reaction score
My Cryptopay will power the self serve unit and it will run continuously. It is a Dixmore timer and it is set to count up. It will run until I go there and reset it. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Thanks

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
My Cryptopay will power the self serve unit and it will run continuously. It is a Dixmore timer and it is set to count up. It will run until I go there and reset it. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Thanks

I am not quite understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that as soon as you hook up the swiper it starts to run or are you saying that you swipe the card, it starts to run and keeps running past the time it is supposed to stop automatically or past the time you press the stop button on the swiper? Also if you have more than one unit do all of them act the same way or just this one bay? What version of the dixmor time do you have is it the LED-7?

chiggybite

Reaction score
I am not quite understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that as soon as you hook up the swiper it starts to run or are you saying that you swipe the card, it starts to run and keeps running past the time it is supposed to stop automatically or past the time you press the stop button on the swiper? Also if you have more than one unit do all of them act the same way or just this one bay? What version of the dixmor time do you have is it the LED-7?
I have 4 swipers. They all have done it. The swipers did not all do this at the same time but over a period of maybe a month. I contacted Cryptopay and they told me it was a hardware problem. They sent me new swipers and each one of them eventually did the same thing. One did it the same day I hooked it up.
I have the older style Dixmore timers not the LED. Thanks

cdreed06

Reaction score
My thinking is the timers. I don't remember who told me or where I read it but I thought Cryptopay would not work with older style Dixmor timers. That is why I replaced my timers with LED7s. I have not had any trouble, been in right at a year now.

chiggybite

Reaction score
I checked and they are the LED 7. They work but only for a short time. Maybe a few days, maybe weeks. But all eventually fail. Are yours count up or count down?
I have a second location that are count down and have not had one problem with them yet. Thanks

cdreed06

Reaction score
Mine are count down. I can't figure out what the trouble would be. Mine have been flawless.

cdreed06

Reaction score
What kind of charges does it put on the card? I assume it goes to max and stops even though the timer keeps running. Is there a high voltage source somewhere that could be causing electrical "noise" and messing it up? Just throwing things out there.

chiggybite

Reaction score
Not sure what it charges, but it doesn't charge the max. Not sure about electrical noise, and don't know how to test for it.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Reason I said that about electrical noise is that we had some 220V wires running close to the control wires on our automatic and that caused lots of really stupid things to happen. If your problem was isolated to one bay it would be alot easier but with all of them makes me think it is something enviromental with your location, like electrical interference. But I'm no expert. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help on this.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Must have proper software version. I think it's 7.35 or later . Unplug timer and ten plug it in. Version will be first readout. If not correct Dixmor can upgrade software.

slash007

Reaction score
Ditto what Earl said. I read about a lot of possible trouble similar to what's happening with you if used with older software. I sent all of mine to Dixmor to have them upgraded to the latest software before installing the swipers and I have not had one issue.

Randy

Reaction score
If you’re using a Dixmor LED-7 timer you want to use version 7.36 with the Cryptopay system. Like Earl said unplug the timer and then plug it back in, the version of the timer flash up as the timer restarts. You want to use the newer style 9 wire harness that has the “White/Black” wire on pin #9. If you’re using a LED-7 timer and need to get them updated send them to Dixmor and they will upgrade them for around $35 apiece.

mjc3333

Reaction score
Just had the same problem. It is in the swiper itself. The relay is stuck closed. So far I only had this one fail out of 25 since install over a year ago.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Just had the same problem. It is in the swiper itself. The relay is stuck closed. So far I only had this one fail out of 25 since install over a year ago.
I get that once in a while you might have a problem with one swiper but since all of his are exhibiting that behavior and if I read it right he has already replaced them with new ones and they are also doing the same thing it seems odd. Either there is a bad batch and cryptopay has a quality control problem or there is something external that is introducing the issue. I am certainly not smart enough to figure it out and I have not taken on of the swipers apart to see what is inside that could be stuck but it would seem to me if they are count up then if it was charging the entire time to the card that happened the customer would receive the max charge and I would think he would be getting lots of calls about the charges because most customer are not used to spending 12 to 15 dollars in the self serve bay.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I had a weird issue happen the other day where I was in the equipment room and heard the meter beeped as if somebody was inserting coins I looked at the monitor to that bay and nobody was there but sure enough went out into the bay and the price had dropped from $2.50 to $2.00 and then another quarter was magically added while I was looking at it, this is after we installed the cryptopay swipers could the signal from the coordinator cause that?

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I had a weird issue happen the other day where I was in the equipment room and heard the meter beeped as if somebody was inserting coins I looked at the monitor to that bay and nobody was there but sure enough went out into the bay and the price had dropped from $2.50 to $2.00 and then another quarter was magically added while I was looking at it, this is after we installed the cryptopay swipers could the signal from the coordinator cause that?
Do your swipers have 4 wires? One of the wires that is not used you need to make sure that it is covered in a manner that does not allow the end to touch anything metal. I had that happen and it can cause a signal as though a coin has been dropped. I think it even blew an in line fuse to the timer in one bay. Not sure if that is what caused your issue or not but just a thought....something to check.

Etowah