What's new

Cryptopay Tap issue

David Rolf

Reaction score
So I have one bay that often has a Tap issue. Tired searching but nothing comes up. The customer will hold the card up to pay and will turn on for 2 seconds and then turn off and say thank you. They then will do a mag swipe and it works normal. Any thoughts? This only seems to happen in one bay.

OurTown

Reaction score
What did Cryptopay say about it?

David Rolf

Reaction score
What did Cryptopay say about it?
They told me they needed a date and time that it happened. Also, it appears to be in line with a declined card. But it works when you swipe? It doesn't happen often; getting the information they need will be difficult. Just have to keep an eye on it for now. Thanks

OurTown

Reaction score
You could swap swipers with another bay to see if it follows that swiper. If no change then try swapping the Cryptotap with another.

David Rolf

Reaction score
You could swap swipers with another bay to see if it follows that swiper. If no change then try swapping the Cryptotap with another.
Thanks, just might do that. I did find some odd tap charges on one day in June. I looked in my Analytic section, purchases by device. Along with my bays and vacs there is an entry that says TapRdr for $32 bucks. It only appears on two days out of the month of June. I'll call them on Monday and see what's up. It appears the customers were charged. That's my concern. I hate chasing gremlins.