What's new

Cryptopay System

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
My opinion : I thought cryptopay system was very easy to install and very reliable up times . The rest was very disappointing and costly. Decided to throw cryptopay system in fire pit and watch cool flames. Unitec is a much better option when using Inbay's and SS.

mrfixit

Reaction score
I can agree with the opening statement, dissapointing is a nice way to put it... We've had cryptopay 6 months, biggest problem is the customers getting thier cards to work. You have to swipe the card faster than most people would, like really fast, as a result they never get a card to read.. Its not very customer friendly at all.

I dont understand why they made it so difficult, it should be a simple thing by now.

Mostly it holds up my business.. I've had people say it doesn't work, I walk up swipe it fast it works instantly.. Then I have to take time to explain how to use it.... Its costing me more than its making me at this point with lost business and upset customers!

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting experiences.

I guesstimate well over 1000 people used Crypto at my 8 bay last month and zero complaints.

In the past year perhaps 3 complaints.

mrfixit

Reaction score
If you slide the card slowly does it work?

For all I know ours may not be working right, or not working like yours do..

I'm in a small town so.. Some people.. Especially older folks have a very, very hard time. City folk probably understand..

Last edited:
Etowah

cdreed06

Reaction score
We have had ours for quite some time now with no troubles. Sorry you don't have the same experience.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Only been a few months for me, but no complaints. I do notice some puzzled looking people looking like that to try to figure it out, but I always had that!!!! I do notice that the swipers are pretty tight, and seems as though you have to swipe the card through pretty quickly, but overall I feel I have had an additional $1000 per month in my bays and the few vacs I have done. I am hoping over time fees will drop. They are definitely more expensive then my TSYS Fees. I havent figured overall costs just yet, will do after 6 months. But happy so far. Mr. GTE, if you really didnt burn them up and still have swipers I will buy them from you!!! I have 6 more vacs to do.

mrfixit

Reaction score
I think most our problems are the demographic of people.. Lots of older folks. Don't know.. It works yes and the wireless is really nice, just wish it were more customer friendly. YMMV