What's new

Cryptopay SS Credit Card System

washme1

Reaction score
Installed the Cryptopay Credit Card System in three of my self service bays a few days ago. Installation was very easy. Drill three holes, hook up three wires, place receiver in equipment room, screw in antenna and plug into router.

Total cost for receiver, three swipers, ethernet cable and instructional signs $1449.

Daily detail reports available online. No issues so far. It accepts Visa, MC and Discover. Counts up!

$10/month/swiper plus %

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I am at about 6 mo. Haven't reset modem yet. No problems
except from those that won't read signs (2 or 3) so far.
I hope you went with the new dixmors with brighter displays,
and the count up feature- I think the most
spent was $18 on one card. Hard to adjust to the lower amount
when you count the money, as credit cards change the amount
you pick up considerably.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks guys. What internet provider do you use. My units should be here soon.

washme1

Reaction score
Thanks guys. What internet provider do you use. My units should be here soon.
I'm pretty sure you have to use their provider. Not sure if it is Cryptopay or Genesis Technologies. I just visited the website with daily settlement info and I still can't tell.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Right, I have signed up with First Data.

What Internet provider? Comcast, AT&T etc.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I am using our local newspapers wireless internet. Less than a 1M for $19 a month. The main thing needed is an ethernet cord. Mine which is slow will clear a card in about 6sec. I can't imagine that if i had the cable companies 20M it wouldn't be much faster as the data can't be any larger than a text message. The modem has a flashing light to tell if the internet is working. Mine is painfully slow if i bring a computer to the wash, but works
perfect for CC's.

MEP001

Reaction score
Whale of a Wash said:
Mine which is slow will clear a card in about 6sec. I can't imagine that if i had the cable companies 20M it wouldn't be much faster as the data can't be any larger than a text message.
You're right, it probably wouldn't be any faster at all. The packet of data is just a few kilobytes.

sparkey

Reaction score
Will this system work on a hamilton autoteller? I emailed the company and they didn't think my inquiry required a response so I didn't feel it was worth my time to pursue. One of my pet peevs. I send email. It gets ignored.:mad:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
They are close to having a system for the acw. i asked for
mine. 6 mo ago, it had to have a single wash
price , or let it refund the lower priced washes in change.
They may be alot closer to having it working now.
I think you should call them.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
They are close to having a system for the acw. i asked for
mine. 6 mo ago, it had to have a single wash
price , or let it refund the lower priced washes in change.
They may be alot closer to having it working now.
I think you should call them.
To add my .02 in, I have called several times and have never gotten through before...I'm very interested, but would need to build custom vacuum face plates with new timers since I already have (and am very pleased with) the Etowah Valley Quick Pay system.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Cryptopay ????

Hey has anyone tried to interface this with an American changer Token Machine? I am thinking of adding this system to a few bays and vacs and was thinking why wouldnt you be able to pulse the changer? Anyone here with the technical know how to make this work??

MEP001

Reaction score
przres said:
Hey has anyone tried to interface this with an American changer Token Machine? I am thinking of adding this system to a few bays and vacs and was thinking why wouldnt you be able to pulse the changer? Anyone here with the technical know how to make this work??
It could be done easily with a programmable relay interfaced between the Cryptopay device and the changer.

dax_festival

Reaction score
Do any of you have the online costumer receipt option? Im purchasing this system for our self serve bays soon & was wondering if you thought the online receipt was necessary or worth the monthly fee? Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do any of you have the online costumer receipt option? Im purchasing this system for our self serve bays soon & was wondering if you thought the online receipt was necessary or worth the monthly fee? Thanks
Did not do it. So far - 1 month no one has requested a receipt.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW. First month, August, not a good month overall 4 Bays with Cryptopay $370.00 in receipts. These are the first 4 Bays and typicaly the busiest. I would expect things to get better as washing weather and familiarity improves. No way to tell if it's new $ or people replacing cash with credit. If I can guess that half is new $ it would seem like payback is less than a year.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
dax & others,

Question #1: How much is the current monthly cost of the customer online receipt system?

Question #2: In general, are most of the processors charging an extra fee option for more detailed online access &/or reports besides the record of transfers for the owner to get the best possible handle on the transactions?

mike

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just noticed my report gives me 2 "Batches" One for the daily Tunnel Charges and one for the cryptopay.

Report is already 15 pages long with detail on what the expenses are.

Their on line receipt program is $15.00 / month.