What's new

Cryptopay randomly turning off.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Howdy yall
We are have a strange issue with a bay with a cryptopay swiper. Count up. Occasionally if someone swipes their card it will run like normal then turn off a a random time before it hits the limit. After that happens, if a card is swiped it gives .25 credit on the timer but no more.
I thought this may be a wire short inside the meter box but I cannot see any fault. Could this be an issue with the timer? Do y’all have any guidance?

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you have the gray wires hooked up?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
I do have the gray wires connected. One to the timer and one to the low voltage.

MEP001

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the gray wires. There should be no interaction with the coin circuit of the timer if you're running count up. The swiper would have to be bad to send a coin pulse to the timer, which it can only do through the gray wires, which (assuming it's wired correctly) would mean it's defective.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Thanks, I disconnected those gray wires and I suppose time will tell what happens. General note* Cryptopay swipers are frustrating.... Almost every customer struggles with getting the swiper to read their card on the first try. Some cards just will not work, I havent figured out why yet. Even though it works for me pretty much every time.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Thanks, I disconnected those gray wires and I suppose time will tell what happens. General note* Cryptopay swipers are frustrating.... Almost every customer struggles with getting the swiper to read their card on the first try. Some cards just will not work, I havent figured out why yet. Even though it works for me pretty much every time.
Their magnetic strips have probably been erased inadvertently by getting the card too close to a strong magnet. Lots of magnetic phone mounts around these days.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
I was having problem with my wife cutting in and out last summer and noticed that the swipers would turn off when the internet would go down.