What's new

CryptoPay Question

seattleguy

Reaction score
I am adding crypto pay to my vacuums, detail stations and vending. I have a Hamilton DAN on my SS and IBA bays. Does Crypto have a portal like E-Xact where I can login and void transactions or issue credits or do I have to call the 800 line?

So far it is a super easy convenient system. Does anyone on here have experience retrofitting Gold Lines and Hamilton changers (I issue tokens from bill changers and tokens from DAN credit card readers)? I really like how they accumulate all the chargers and transact them together with one fee. Genius.

chaz

Reaction score
Not sure... but I too have DAN on s/s and auto. Thinking about adding c/c to at least some vacs. Did you loo at DAN on vacs??

seattleguy

Reaction score
I never had DAN on vacs. I had no way of running conduit to them. I took quarters and tokens on vacs. I sell tokens on DAN changers. I'm curious what others charge for vac time. I am $2 for $3 mins. Going to $3 for 3 minutes.

chaz

Reaction score
I’m at $2 for 6 min on vacs. Good for you if you can get $1 a minute. I’ve had some push back at my price but still making more $ with less mess

When I built I ran extra conduit to my vacs. Just need to figure expense of adding DAN vs other options...or maybe just stay cash only on vac

seattleguy

Reaction score
I went to $1 min on self serve bays too and no push back but Seattle is a freakishly expensive place. I plan on going to $1 for 45 secs this spring. My prop tax alone went up 20% this year. I think I'm paying about $24k for a 14,000 car wash lot. Soon I wont be able to charge enough to keep it viable and will have to sell it to build apartments.

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
I haven't heard of E-Xact so I'm not familiar with what it does. I use cryptopay with 9 bays and 20 vacs so what I do know is that Cryptopay has a very good online portal. It will show you the status of each swiper (whether its connected or not), and gives you the previous month's totals, month to date, yesterday's totals, and today. You can see a complete list of transactions based on which machine they used and for how much. If someone uses a bay then uses a vacuum two times, it shows up for me as "Doe, John - Bay 8 - $5, Vac 3 - $2, Vac 3 - $2" and totals them up as one transaction for $9. That transaction is assigned a transaction ID number. If you want to refund you have to call Worldpay and give them the transaction ID.

MEP001

Reaction score
I found a wireless network bridge meant for gaming systems that should work with a D.A.N. unit in a vacuum, but it makes more sense to me to go with Cryptopay since the hardware is so much cheaper.

seattleguy

Reaction score
E-Xact is the just the credit card processing gateway that the Hamilton DAN uses to connect with the merchant bank. The have a nice user interface. I think it is similar to World Pay that Crypto Pay uses. Instead of calling the World Pay 800 number to issue a refund I think one can do it on World Pay's virtual terminal website. So far Crypto is super impressive and easy. I'm gonna switch my bays and Gold lines over if the combined processing is really as cheap as it seems. Combining all the transactions in a certain time period for like SS bays and vacuums and vending really helps on the transaction fees.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I don't think so, but E-xact charges an amount in addition to the credit card processor. Crypto uses World Pay as the processor so you don't have to pay twice.

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay takes a cut through WorldPay so you do pay more than standard merchant service processing.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Are you sure? I know worldpay charges $0.06 plus .25% but those are the standard processor charges. That’s what my bank charges. With the DAN, I also get an extra charge for E-xact. Are you saying that cryptopay also has an additional charge like this???

MEP001

Reaction score
Not a charge in fees, but the rate is increased.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
What do you mean the rate is increased? $0.06 plus .25% is extremely low for any processor. What rate is increased when???

MEP001

Reaction score
The rate ends up much higher than .25% after Cryptopay gets their cut.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Where in the process do they get their cut? That is not what has been represented to me by cryptopay or Worldpay.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm not sure where Cryptopay gets their cut because we don't see that in our statement from Worldpay. With an average ticket of $6.63 in April our total fees were just under 7%.