What's new

Cryptopay on Vacuums.. Worth it

fastlx

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before. But with the market going to more CC and less cash, would it be worth it to invest in the $1200 ( 4 @ 300 each) for the crypto pays for the vacuums I already have them in the wash bays and can't be happier?

Opinions?

Thanks, Vic

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We added C.C acceptance to our vacs a couple of years ago and the revenue it has brought over quarters is insane, I should have added them years ago BUT this is for my location and doesn't mean it is a one size fits all scenario. I say try a couple in your busiest island and see if it takes off if not your not $1200 out.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Or perhaps you could project a minimum 10% revenue Bump and see how that plays out.

fastlx

Reaction score
OK THANKS.. Now swiper with or without button? Opinions?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would just bite the bullet and do it for all of the vacuums. I don't see how you can really go wrong or not make the $1200 back with adding credit card acceptance. It's the direction of consumers have been heading for quite some time. I'm planning to add crypto pay to my automatic cashier this year and will just do with my four VAX at the same time.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have the button but set max at lower amt than bays. 2.5 x min.

MC3033

Reaction score
Don’t forgot the convenience factor for your customers. While difficult to quantify this could help drive further wash volume.

I for one hate dealing with change as a customer and would go out of my way to find either free vacs or a wash that has vacs and wash with cc acceptance

jack954

Reaction score
i did it this year to 9 vacs. i justified the cost by charging more for credit card, by doing this they will pay for themselves. also i feel in 10 years when our prices are even higher, people will be carrying even less cash than they do now. where are you getting them for $300? i paid $400 each

Attachments

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Installed 5 on vacs and 1 on blow drier last month.
Don't have decals on yet. It’s been slow because I don’t have signage for them yet.
I have Worldpay. I just got my first statement from them.

TOTAL money collected: $72.00

PROCESSING FEES:

Interchange and Worldpay Fees $5.82
Other Fees. $15.04
Discount Collected (?) $16.07

Total Fees: $36.93

Seems to me that is a bit high 🥺😡

Wash4Life

Reaction score
I believe it's worth doing. What's nice about Cryptopay is that if people swipe multiple times within two hours (i.e. going from say a bay to a vac), you only get zapped with the fee once.

fastlx

Reaction score
Sorry.. $400 each... But I kinda like the idea of the stop button with 2.5 times the charge. I charge $2.00 for 4 minutes. So the max would give them 10 minutes at a charge of $5.00.. Or they can press the button to end the charges. I feel most people need more than 4 minutes and then have to look for change/dollars to feed the machine or will have to swipe again ( which seems to be a PITA). The noise of the vacuum should be a sign to them to press the button to end the charge and stop the vacuums. I have them in the bays and have numerous max charges and then another swipe charge.. Telling me they weren't done. I get no calls or complaints. But I do have signage all over.

fastlx

Reaction score
Check out your special fees with Worldpay I was getting zapped for PCI compliance and some sort of BS $30 fee and month. I called them set up PCI compliance and removed the BS fee?? My worldly charges dropped significantly.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Installed 5 on vacs and 1 on blow drier last month.
Don't have decals on yet. It’s been slow because I don’t have signage for them yet.
I have Worldpay. I just got my first statement from them.

TOTAL money collected: $72.00

PROCESSING FEES:

Interchange and Worldpay Fees $5.82
Other Fees. $15.04
Discount Collected (?) $16.07

Total Fees: $36.93

Seems to me that is a bit high 🥺😡

That's what I'm seeing at my washes too. It's the "per swipe fee" that kills low startup charges like vacs and vending. For me I only have cryptopay on my vacs and vending as a convenience. It's not about the money I'm making, or not making.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have the button but set max at lower amt than bays. 2.5 x min.
Is anyone using count up with the button without digital displays? I’m converting a Wash from Etowah Valley swipers to crypto pay and would consider adding them to the vacuums but not if I need to add display timers. In the bays we are count up.

MEP001

Reaction score
Is anyone using count up with the button without digital displays?
I think you have to use a digital display for count-up. The question is what activates the timer to start the count-up. If the swiper just closes a 24VAC circuit to the timer, you could just use that to activate a relay.

I have not set up a vacuum on count-up or seen one that way, but I would think with clear enough signage to press the button to stop the vacuum that it wouldn't be a problem.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Ha! MEP you can see I haven’t given it too much thought. I was asking more along the line of whether a customer would be comfortable using count up without any indication of what they spent. You would definitely need a Dixmor to do count up unless you used some type of relay etc. If you’re going to go through all that trouble you may as well do it right and add a display.

MEP001

Reaction score
You're probably right, but it might be worth a test. I watch customers at washes all the time press the button and never look at the timer to see how much they spent.

Etowah