What's new

Cryptopay on Fragramatic Vac

Jerry33

Reaction score
I've got a 20 year old Fragramatic Vac/ Carpet Cleaner and I want to add a Cryptopay Card Reader to it but obviously the old timer/display is not compatible. I'm afraid to ask what an upgrade will cost so I'm considering rewiring to eliminate the large countdown timer. I'm thinking about replacing the timer with a Dixmor LED7. I understand that I lose the dual timer capability and carpet cleaner customers will love it. What are the drawbacks to this plan that I'm not seeing? thanks, jerry

MEP001

Reaction score
You can use a Dixmor LED-9 in place of the original timer. It's a fairly simple conversion, and you can use count-up and I think you will still have different time for the vac and shampoo. You could also use an LED-7 but you definitely lose the variable time. I don't know who made the LED-9 kit, but I've installed one for someone - it just required gutting the old timer, installing the new one in the box and wiring it in.

FWIW this won't work on a fragrance/vac combo. I can make it work with a LED-6S timer but it would require converting from toggle switches to pushbuttons.

Jerry33

Reaction score
You can use a Dixmor LED-9 in place of the original timer. It's a fairly simple conversion, and you can use count-up and I think you will still have different time for the vac and shampoo. You could also use an LED-7 but you definitely lose the variable time. I don't know who made the LED-9 kit, but I've installed one for someone - it just required gutting the old timer, installing the new one in the box and wiring it in.

FWIW this won't work on a fragrance/vac combo. I can make it work with a LED-6S timer but it would require converting from toggle switches to pushbuttons.
Great. I see that KleenRite has 3 LED-9s. a single function; a double function and a retrofit. Do you recall which one you installed? I will try to contact Dixmor tomorrow. Appreciate this info. jerry

MEP001

Reaction score
It must have been the retrofit. Dixmor can tell you.

OurTown

Reaction score
Dixmor makes a single function and a multi function LED9 timer. The single function is like a typical bay timer that only has one price per minute. The multi function version can control six different outputs and each can have their own price per minute. The one thing I don't like about it is that if you have more than three then you will need to rewire it with relays for the additional three outputs. IDX multi function timers do not require the relays. Besides that the only difference is the case. The retrofit does not come with a case but fits in the big IDX timer case so you can remount easily without modifying the brackets to hold the factory Dixmor case.

Jerry33

Reaction score
According to Tony at Fragramatic the installed timer will work with the Cryptopay reader in a count-down mode. I did order new light segments since he one currently installed are very dim and hard to read. Thanks for the info. will let you know if I get it all connected.

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay will work with any timer in count-down mode because it just sends coin pulses to the timer.

If it's not too late, think about canceling your order for the light segments and get them from mouser.com.
You'll pay as much per segment from Fragramatics as you will for the set of 6 from Mouser. You need to replace them all at once or the new ones will start to fail in a couple months.

Jerry33

Reaction score
Cryptopay will work with any timer in count-down mode because it just sends coin pulses to the timer.

If it's not too late, think about canceling your order for the light segments and get them from mouser.com.
You'll pay as much per segment from Fragramatics as you will for the set of 6 from Mouser. You need to replace them all at once or the new ones will start to fail in a couple months.
That is incredible. I've got several other machines that need new segments so thanks for a great tip.

OurTown

Reaction score
the hard part is get the crypto to count up on fragramatics, we have 8 units now running on count up

Are these combo vacs that have different price points for each function? If so how did you get them to work on count up?

cmawash

Reaction score
we run the new generation fragramatics, one price to start, all functions and count up with all functions available. very happy with the results, up grade was part of car wash upgrade with a different approach to doing business and giving the customer more choices. led 9 displays