What's new

Cryptopay on Combo vac?

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I want to replace the USA Technologies CC reader on my Fragramatics combo vac with a Cryptopay unit. Cryptopay says it can be done but all functions (vac, scent, cleaner) will all have the same amount of time per $. I don’t really understand this because I thought the timer was part of the vac and the CC reader just provided pulses/$. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Mel

slash007

Reaction score
The Cryptopay reader in count down coin mode just sends pulses, so the timer will dictate what each function is charged. I have it that way on my shampoo/vacs and frag/vacs. Works great.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem with a combo vac unfortunately and yes Cryptopay said it's one price across the board with their system, once you set the price on the cryptopay swiper configuration page that's what it charges you cannot have different price points.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem with a combo vac unfortunately and yes Cryptopay said it's one price across the board with their system, once you set the price on the cryptopay swiper configuration page that's what it charges you cannot have different price points.
Steve, I just want one price point. The current CC reader charges $2/ swipe and gives you 6 minutes of vac time. If you change to scent or spot remover, you get much less time. Cryptopay is telling me with their CC reader the unit will stay on for 6 minutes regardless of what function is used.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
That's what I had to setup at another wash with combo vacs went from $1.50 for 6 mins to $3 for 6 mins and then changed the "Vacuums only" from $1 to $2 for 4 mins up to today I haven't heard any complaints and revenue is up.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have Cryptopay on 3 of my Coleman combo vacs. When they swipe it pulses $2 to the timer, if they want to use the shampooer (which is $2.50) they have to push the button on the swiper at least twice. If they want more time they can push the button for an additional .25 per push. I am thinking of going to led 6s timers on the vacs to go to count up on them. Count up credit cards are the bomb!!!!

slash007

Reaction score
I have Cryptopay on 3 of my Coleman combo vacs. When they swipe it pulses $2 to the timer, if they want to use the shampooer (which is $2.50) they have to push the button on the swiper at least twice. If they want more time they can push the button for an additional .25 per push. I am thinking of going to led 6s timers on the vacs to go to count up on them. Count up credit cards are the bomb!!!!
I have mine on 9 JC combo vacs and have them set at $2.50 per swipe. It sends 10 pulses to the timer, same as putting in 10 quarters. You can then select shampoo or vac and the timer adjusts accordingly. I set the button to do nothing per press as people were pushing it to stop the vacuum and would end up pushing it many times then complaining. Since changing it to a set price, no complaints. Want to vacuum/shampoo after the $2.50 is up? Swipe again or insert dollars/quarters before the time runs out. I did put LED6S timers on a couple of vacs and love them. Problem is, with those timers you can put in the minimum to start for the vac, then switch to shampoo without having to pay the minimum for that. So if you put in $1, you can select vac. Then switch to shampoo without putting in another $1.50. Now you still only get $1 worth of shampoo time, so it's not horrible. Dixmor said that's the way it is. Also, forget about count up on combo vacs. I was excited and was going to change all vacs to LED6s, but dixmor said that it wouldn't work because then it would be the same price for all functions. Shampoo/vac/fragrance. So count down coin it is. Still love having cc on the vacs.