What's new

Cryptopay No longer offering First Data Merchant Processing

sparkey

Reaction score
I got an email this week that cryptopay will no longer offer First Data as a merchant processor to new customers and any existing customers will be encouraged to switch to world pay. Yea, that is just what I want, to switch to higher rates.... World pay must give the a good kick back to kick the only competition to the curb. That's the biggest drawback to cryptopay. You are locked into one provider and with no competition I'm sure the rates will only go up from here. I was getting ready to add cryptopay at my second wash but now I have shelved that idea.

OurTown

Reaction score
I got an email this week that cryptopay will no longer offer First Data as a merchant processor to new customers and any existing customers will be encouraged to switch to world pay. Yea, that is just what I want, to switch to higher rates.... World pay must give the a good kick back to kick the only competition to the curb. That's the biggest drawback to cryptopay. You are locked into one provider and with no competition I'm sure the rates will only go up from here. I was getting ready to add cryptopay at my second wash but now I have shelved that idea.

I do not like being locked in to one processer either. What are your all in fees with First Data? What would you put in your second site if not Cryptopay?

Roz

Reaction score
All hardware manufacturers seem to lock in a specific credit card processor - because they have a special deal. Frustrating to have 3 different CC processors and no ability to change to one processor.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sparkey & others,

Thanks for the heads up about this since Cryptopay appears to be getting more intense with their sales pitch for the coin operated laundromat business.

I would post about this new event alert ... on the laundromat forum sites but ... unlike this forum ... it is very possible the post would get deleted because of existing advertising &/or potential advertising revenue from not just Cryptopay ...but other "interface merchant fee" companies as well.

I still say that when too few of us cash based are left ... it could turn out to be some of the merchant fee accepting (cc-phone) self service car washs' tougher "nightmares" I say we have to be careful what we wish for .......

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay hasn't offered First Data as an option for at least a year. I wonder why you're only now getting that in an email.

sparkey

Reaction score
I do not like being locked in to one processer either. What are your all in fees with First Data? What would you put in your second site if not Cryptopay?
I only have cryptopay in my dogwash so its usually a $5 - $7 charge. My all in fees are all over the place ranging from 7 %- 14%. I did just notice a "cardpoint platform fee" got snuck in on the past couple statements that amount to $15 - $20 a month. I am going to have to call and see what the new fee is all about. Maybe it will be time to make the switch if i can't get it removed.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
EE at $4.00 base and 8 Bay with First Data - All in about 5.5%

DavidM

Reaction score
We have WorldPay (not with Cryptopay) and their customer service is terrible. We started with Mercury who was good, they sold to Vantiv who sold to WorldPay.

cherokee235

Reaction score
I received a call from Worldpay today. They are encouraging me to switch over from 1st Data. I don't want to. I like Luke, because he is always available to answer questions. He said I don't have to switch if I don't want to. Worldpay is working with Crypto to catch more fees. User beware.

I used to have Vantiv also. In my experience with them, they have the most lousy customer service I've ever experienced, and charged me fees on top of fees. First Data has been overall good to me in my opinion. I'm going on 2 years with them now.

CryptoPay Support

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

We value your support of CryptoPay and we want to address your concerns. Please give us a call at CryptoPay (719-277-7400) If you would like to discuss this in more depth.