What's new

Cryptopay Mounting

cdreed06

Reaction score
I have about a inch of my coinbox that is not embedded in the wall and was thinking about adding a small box to the side to mount my Cryptopay swipe piece. Has anyone done this? If so where did you get your extra box? I can mount it to the face of my coinbox but thought it might look a bit cleaner mounted on another small box. Thanks and hope this hasn't been posted before.

Reaction score
I have about a inch of my coinbox that is not embedded in the wall and was thinking about adding a small box to the side to mount my Cryptopay swipe piece. Has anyone done this? If so where did you get your extra box? I can mount it to the face of my coinbox but thought it might look a bit cleaner mounted on another small box. Thanks and hope this hasn't been posted before.
You really dont need a box just a flat SS plate and mount it to the wall next to the box and snake the wires into the coin box.

Buzzie8

Reaction score

TechGuy

Reaction score

cdreed06

Reaction score
Thank you everybody I'll take it all into consideration. When I get it done I'll post pics. Thanks again!

cdreed06

Reaction score
Done. Its awesome! Easy install, great tech support. Easiest thing I have installed in the car wash period.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Good grief, 75 cents! How much time do you get for that? I haven't been that price since the 80s. I'm in rural Ky. and have been charging 2 bucks for ten years.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Yes 75 cents. 2:15 for the start and :45 each additional. We just recently went to 75 cents we were 50. You would not believe the number of people who we overheard complain about it and some people just got back in and drove off. We will stay at 75 cents for quite some time I think. Our competitor in town is priced exactly as we are.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I used mounting boxes from Allied electronics for my Eports. They are starting to deteriorate after 2 years of service. If you do end up using them, put anti sieze on cover plate screws.

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/se...ensionSearch=D:box,Dxm:All,Dxp:3&SearchType=0

Here is a photo of my install:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111571942213110108939/August12012#5771866293408060770
Those Allied boxes lasted about a year for me before they started looking very bad. I trashed them.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Done. Its awesome! Easy install, great tech support. Easiest thing I have installed in the car wash period.
The card reader install looks good. I have to agree you need to raise your prices. Are there any other car washes in town? How they priced? You can’t make everyone happy all the time.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Yes 75 cents. 2:15 for the start and :45 each additional. We just recently went to 75 cents we were 50. You would not believe the number of people who we overheard complain about it and some people just got back in and drove off. We will stay at 75 cents for quite some time I think. Our competitor in town is priced exactly as we are.
Have you considered bill acceptors?

cdreed06

Reaction score
Thank you Kevin about the install. There is another wash in town and he is priced the same as we are. We try to stay the same and even got with the other owner when we raised to 75. Other towns close are $1 start. Just this past weekend a wash within 20 minutes of us reopened with the gated pay system where you pay once and everything is "free" I think we will stay at the price we are, I think we are a better value for people. Earl, we did consider the bill acceptors but when we do that I'd like to replace the whole coin box with a newer style with the acceptor built in. This way we have little investment in the improvement. We will see how it goes....

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, we did consider the bill acceptors but when we do that I'd like to replace the whole coin box with a newer style with the acceptor built in. This way we have little investment in the improvement. We will see how it goes....
I went with the Etowah seperate box and acceptor. About $600 a piece.

It was more secure than adding to the existing box and the seperate box is more noticeable. Tried it in half the bays. After a month I did the rest of the bays. Nice collecting bills instead of just quarters plus nice to see 5s and occasional 10.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Do you have the Cryptopay as well? I would like to get the acceptors but need to wait a while to get our funds built back up.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

slash007

Reaction score
You really dont need a box just a flat SS plate and mount it to the wall next to the box and snake the wires into the coin box.
I thought about doing that, but my boxes are not recessed so they wouldn't look as nice if I have the swiper on the wall next to them. I thought about just adding a ss L bracket to the side of my current coin box then mounting the cryptopay to that. Not sure how nice it would look or if it would hold up.

I also wanted to add bill acceptors so I have been seriously considering adding the etowah valley box that has the bill acceptor then adding cryptopay to that, but he raised his prices and now charges $780 for the box with acceptor, so I have been looking at other options before I decided on anything. Any suggestions?

Etowah