What's new

Cryptopay / LED 7

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Yes Bill I posted a review for each . I had a tough time reading this sites security words.

Anyway, ordered the stuff after the ICA Show. 4 Swipers and coordinator. Had to get internet service. This runs to main building about 50 feet from SS building. Comcast had to trench to run a line. (No charge to me.)

Had to get 2 of my LED 7s updated. Dixmor turned around in about a week. Would not take payment up front . I think they charged about $50.00 for 2. Very helpful on the phone explaining how to determine which version I had.

After initial; install no signal to coordinator. Cryptopatytrys to help me on the phone and determines unit may be bad. Sends replacement no charge with paid return sticker. New unit gets signal but I find placement is somewhat fickle. Not a huge issue.
Find stuff still not working. Call Cryptopay - no answer- leave message. Call Dixmor, and they say I need to connect to credit card input. Say my Instructions don't say which that is. They tell me #9. Problem solved. Works as descriped as on Whale of Wash video. Hour later Cryptopay calls back very apologetic. (AFAIAC Still good response time.)

Now we will see if it makes $ but it's kind of the Dog days of Summer. If it seems good I will do the other 4 bays.

Randy

Reaction score
If you’re thinking about installing a Cryptopay credit card system and you’re using a Dixmor LED-7 timer you want to make sure the LED-7 timer a version 7.36. To check the version of the LED-7 timer unplug the timer and plug it back in, the version of the timer will be displayed for about 5 seconds when power is first applied to the LED-7 timer. If it’s not a version 7.36 you can sent them into Dixmor and have them updated.

washme1

Reaction score
I've been using Cryptopay in 3 of my 5 SS bays for about six weeks now. I had no problems with setup. Usage was slow initially. I noticed an increase when I mounted two 12" x 18" signs on the front of the bays (MC, Visa, Discover logos) and decals for the same three cards on the meter box.

I'm now doing a little over 10% in SS cc sales and anticipate it climbing. I find that 80%+ of the transactions are $5 or more. I have a $3 minimum. I offer bonus discount (10% bonus time) for CASH transactions of $5. I can't do that on cc's because of the $3 minimum. Customers have no issue giving up the bonus in order to pay for amount of time used with count up credit card. That more than pays my interstate charges.

Win/win

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Cryptopay has been performing perfect since install-not even a
modem reset. I have smaller boxes at one wash, and want to
purchase Dultmeiers new box with cryptopay installed from factory.
I just got flyer from them, this week. I don't think i will get the bill
acceptor, just the cryptopay. CC's are probably at 40%, and most
sales are alot more than cash. Send us some pics Earl
Thanks
John

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I followed the suggestion of .05 for the CC coin value input and found the charge was .40 for the credit card purchase of the standard time(8 x .05) on my way to change it to .25!

BTW I added the swipers to the Etowah Valley Bill acceptor boxes instead of to the meter boxes. Felt like it made for an easier swipe. Maybe not the best decision. We will see.

I'll post a you tube video when I have a chance.

Etowah

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
Any Standard (non-serial) LED7 past version 7.32 should work with a credit card input. A good way to test if your LED7s cc input is working is to short pin 9 to common (pin 6). If your timer begins to count up you're good to go. 7.36 is the latest and greatest version.

Earl, apologies for the delay in response. We have hired additional support recently so hopefully that will allow us to give folks a hand immediately.

If in the future you decide you would like to go to .05 pulses instead of .25 let us know and we can change your swiper's configuration to allow for that.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Any Standard (non-serial) LED7 past version 7.32 should work with a credit card input. A good way to test if your LED7s cc input is working is to short pin 9 to common (pin 6). QUOTE]

The issue was that my LED 7's and the instructions did not list a CC input!

This; http://www.dixmor.com/TIMER PDF/LED7 V7.33.pdf
just shows #9 is for count up. No mention of CC.

This : http://www.dixmor.com/TIMER PDF/LED7 MULTI INST.pdf

#9 just says "Function Input" . no mention of CC. 1 call to dixmor solved the issue. Again they first said I must have it connnected to the Coin Signal instead of the CC. I said "I don't have a CC label!" Then I asked what # it was. They said #9 and of course that solved the issue.