What's new

Cryptopay issue

Etowah

Wet Spot

Reaction score
So I recently had crypto pay installed including the tap. Trouble free for 4-5 months. Recently I’ve had a few complaints about being charged but not getting time. I was able to view transactions on camera to confirm what a few customers have said. Today I got a complaint while I was at wash and had customer duplicate the charge with no time which I also have recorded.

I have the large dixmor timers with a scrolling message. Basicallyit’s happened with both swipe and tap. Once tapped or swiped scrolling message stops and goes to 00 in time for about 1 second and then returns to scrolling message.

each time the customer gets no time the “verifying” message does not appear like a normal transaction.

I can see they got charged the $5 start up day of and a few days after.

has anyone else had these issues?

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
When I see the issue of starting the bay and immediately stop it is because of insufficient funds in their account. It is a bad design that it starts the bay for a few seconds. As far as I have seen nobody has been charged. Have you spoke to Cryptopay about it?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
When I see the issue of starting the bay and immediately stop it is because of insufficient funds in their account. It is a bad design that it starts the bay for a few seconds. As far as I have seen nobody has been charged. Have you spoke to Cryptopay about it?
That is what has happened on mine too. It begins to start and then rejects the card. But mine never records the transaction to me or to the customer when this happens. Wet spot says the transaction goes through.
Is it the same bay or bays? I wonder if something could be resetting the timer when it starts.

Mchas

Reaction score
If it’s just one bay, check the button on the swiper. A customer can press and hold the button for a few seconds to clear out their remaining time once they are done, but I had a button get stuck randomly which would clear out the time as soon as they started in which case they still get charged.

OurTown

Reaction score
If it’s just one bay, check the button on the swiper. A customer can press and hold the button for a few seconds to clear out their remaining time once they are done, but I had a button get stuck randomly which would clear out the time as soon as they started in which case they still get charged.

I forgot about that issue and I bet that's it.

Wet Spot

Reaction score
It’s happened with two separate bays, different times, on one occasion multiple cards used with same issue. Readers are 10 months old and first complaint I had was a few months ago.

has anyone had issues with push button getting stuck. That was a thought we had when trouble shooting issue. Each time the issue happens the verifying message does not appear. I havnt been able to duplicate w my cards but witnesses it. I may try to hold button down and swipe card to see if verifying message does not appear. That’s the only common issue I have when I have the issue

OurTown

Reaction score
Your swiper button LED is solid green so it is probably not the issue. It might have something to do with the tap to pay. We have a different ongoing issue with ours and they still can't fix it after six months.

Randy

Reaction score
Just a thought, could it be that the card swiper isn't communicating with the Dixmor timer?

OurTown

Reaction score
I bet the problem goes away if you switched to count up.