What's new

Cryptopay is TRASH

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
It depends on the customer, but another reason I do try to refund the card if possible is so that I dont send them a check and then have them dispute the charge as well. Obviously that wouldn't be cool on the customers part but good luck challenging the dispute.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
See guys Cryptopay has us ALL by the balls and they know it we need to create our own credit card reader that's chip ready can swipe both ways rugged and way more consistent and a easy software to refund and have fleet account everything that works with all Dixmor timers you would have it made seriously. I ain't seen a cryptopay reader where you didnt have to swipe multiple times and then the customer thinks they are getting charged multiple times and you have to explain that it didn't then you get the customers with the holding charge complaints also. We need to develop a real dam reader for the self serve meterbox that fixes all these negative issues and have the ability to choose your own Merchant

Carwashmafia

Reaction score
My reports are constantly off I payed the $180 for the site analytics sometimes an earlier day total in the month will change even after that day is closed out. The amount that is deposited into the bank account vs what the report says is always different. They will try and blame the internet I was hoping to automate everything but this makes it very hard. How do you know you are receiving all your money from them? Who is verifying every purchase this all goes back to trust and if they can't get their reporting fixed and if there report says one number and the deposit into your bank account is different what do you do?

Roz

Reaction score
This is how you refund a customer using the accessmyIQ website on a computer:
Wait until the transaction has posted. (two hours after first swipe)
  • Find the transaction and copy the transaction ID.
  • Log into accessmyiq and make sure your browser will accept pop up windows from them.
  • Click on "express virtual terminal".
  • It should open a pop up window.
  • Click "view transactions".
  • Click "transaction search".
  • Paste in the transaction ID from Cryptopay.
  • Click "search".
  • It should bring up the transaction.
  • Click on the found transaction.
  • Click "credit".
You can change the amount in case you want to do a partial refund.
Thank you VERY much for this helpful list! I have been trying to get this simple to follow directions from tech support for much longer than I care to admit - they are uber hard to reach and not always helpful. Fortunately we have a very nice customer base where most people are fine with tokens as a refund in the rare cases that such is necessary. Swiper errors have been 100% related to the credit card being worn. I do wish they would come out with a combined TAP and Swipe solution as most meter boxes do not have space for the large tap hardware.

Etowah

Rainway

Reaction score
Only use cryptopay for vacuums. From the trend I would not want to get more cyryptopay hooks in me with their choice of processors.

I've found CryptoPay devices and customer service to be great. Problem is their choice of merchant processors which uses the MyIQ / FIS / WorldPay integrated services. The latter gets worse and worse.

I was just charged $199 annual fee. Don't recall that before think it's a first - perhaps has to do with me complaining about the recurring monthly chargeback fee and they changed my account.

Now I just tried to issue a refund to a customer for first time in quite sometime. I know I could do it through the IQ App. Didn't work. Poking around on website it seems I can't do it online but see that you can do it with virtual terminal -- if you are setup and agree to pay $25/month for each of your user accounts that needs the ability.

Screw that - told the guy I'd give him a free carwash or he could refute the vacuum charge through his company. Perhaps we should start providing feedback to CryptoPay on degradation of their merchant processor.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Screw that - told the guy I'd give him a free carwash or he could refute the vacuum charge through his company. Perhaps we should start providing feedback to CryptoPay on degradation of their merchant processor.

What is their charge back fee? Most of my complaints are on my IBA, which has token note capability. So far I have been lucky to avoid charge backs by sending more token notes than they claim to have lost.

Rainway

Reaction score
What is their charge back fee? Most of my complaints are on my IBA, which has token note capability. So far I have been lucky to avoid charge backs by sending more token notes than they claim to have lost.
I've never actually been charged a chargeback through IQ/Worldpay so I don't know. On another thread I described that I had complained about their monthly $10 chargeback service fee, which by working through CryptoPay I got that stopped. But now I'm hit with an annual $199 fee for the first time.

Worldpay $199 annual fee.jpg

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
I've never actually been charged a chargeback through IQ/Worldpay so I don't know. On another thread I described that I had complained about their monthly $10 chargeback service fee, which by working through CryptoPay I got that stopped. But now I'm hit with an annual $199 fee for the first time.

View attachment 5520
I got the same thing, called spoke to customer service, they said the charge would be removed and credited back.