What's new

Cryptopay is TRASH

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I swear guys don't take this wrong but I couldn't be more upset with Cryptopay service. All I want to do is give a refund and it used to be easy Wrong I got transferred to about 3 Taliban people who barley speak English I had all the numbers & info needed transaction ID everyrhing =still no refund to my customer. Cryptopay sucks tail you have to swipe about 4 times in one direction also as a customer for it to process on the meter boxes I will say out of all the credit card readers I have used at different washes carolina pride reader CRUSH cryptopay and Etowah valleys old school readers work good. The first person that produces a reliable Multi acceptance reader that's compatible with a Dixmor timer and you don't have to use priority timers will be so wealthy he won't have to wash cars anymore I promise and have a American that speaks clear English answer the phone for customer support
. My rant is over hope y'all doing good.

traveler17

Reaction score
I swear guys don't take this wrong but I couldn't be more upset with Cryptopay service. All I want to do is give a refund and it used to be easy Wrong I got transferred to about 3 Taliban people who barley speak English I had all the numbers & info needed transaction ID everyrhing =still no refund to my customer. Cryptopay sucks tail you have to swipe about 4 times in one direction also as a customer for it to process on the meter boxes I will say out of all the credit card readers I have used at different washes carolina pride reader CRUSH cryptopay and Etowah valleys old school readers work good. The first person that produces a reliable Multi acceptance reader that's compatible with a Dixmor timer and you don't have to use priority timers will be so wealthy he won't have to wash cars anymore I promise and have a American that speaks clear English answer the phone for customer support
. My rant is over hope y'all doing good.
I haven’t heard anyone speaking English in any form of customer service in a long time. I agree it’s annoying. Luckily I hardly ever have to give refunds. If I do it’s easier to put $15 in the mail. I quit trying to call because it’s not worth the time or stress. You’re right about the readers, way to many “bad swipes”. !!!

bert79

Reaction score
Same problems here. When I use my own card the Cryptopay swipers work just fine most of the time. I notice though that customers frequently have issues, swiping multiple times. I wish they could make a swiper that actually read the mag stripe on the first go. As far as refunds, same issues here too. I really wish someone from Cryptopay would respond to this thread (they have to be on here somewhere keeping an eye on their customers right??). I send refunds in cash because it is sooooo much easier than dealing with Worldpay and their terrible customer service.

Eric H

Reaction score
Same problems here. When I use my own card the Cryptopay swipers work just fine most of the time. I notice though that customers frequently have issues, swiping multiple times.
When I see customers having trouble with their card it is usually a local banks debit card. I think there are different quality cards and the banks buy the cheapest ones possible. Almost all of my Credit card issues whether it is requiring multiple attempt to swipe or “your Carwash charged me $10 and again for $6” complaints come from customers of the same local credit Union.
I know you can’t directly refund from cryptopay’s portal but is anyone else also using the IQ portal TDYS/Vantiv or whatever the processors name is?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
90% of the time I always send cash refund but when you have a Customer that Insists credit card credit back to there card and have a fit and do NOT want cash thats when I have a problem with Cryptopay which there terriable at. Cryptopay should be easier to deal. I give them 2 thumbs down the amount of money they make off us & do not have to do anything they could at least provide better customer service I am not a fan to say the least.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Don't you go through Worldpay to issue a refund? I don't have first-hand with their site, but I keep reading here that you have to jump through many hoops just to get logged in, then it resets in a month and you have to go through it all over.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Don't you go through Worldpay to issue a refund? I don't have first-hand with their site, but I keep reading here that you have to jump through many hoops just to get logged in, then it resets in a month and you have to go through it all over.
Everything you just typed is correct. If you can get logged in…you’ve won the battle. Every time I’m successful I feel like I’ve won the lottery.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with crypto pay I think it's awesome. Yes sometimes people have trouble swiping the cards. However I can almost always get it to work even when they can't. Many times the card is dirty and worn out cracked broken or even missing part of the magnetic stripe.

slash007

Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with crypto pay I think it's awesome. Yes sometimes people have trouble swiping the cards. However I can almost always get it to work even when they can't. Many times the card is dirty and worn out cracked broken or even missing part of the magnetic stripe.
I agree 100%. Their supports is excellent and logging to to WorldPay can be annoying, but no issue giving a refund that way if I need to.

jack954

Reaction score
anytime i have given a refund (cash in envelope) it was because the customer screwed up by failing to read the directions. their fault, but i am understanding to their mistake. my point is that they are not in position to demand how they get their refund as they are lucky to be getting it. i will never spend the time to get it back on their card over $10

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Get the accessmyiq acocunt and you can refund in the virtual terminal menu. It's a bit of a clumsy process where I have to find the transaction number in the cryptopay software and then search for it in access myiq and refund but I can do it in less than five minutes. Someone mentioned an app the other day that you can refund through. I'll try to make a video of the process and post it this week.

But yeah, I agree that Worldpay customer support is terrible offshore support.

At less than 5% costs all in (for me anyway)and low upfront costs to install it's still one of the better options. I was paying close to 10% with Etowah Valley's system a few Years back,maybe due to multiple swipe fees and lower ticket averages. Don't know if anything has changed there.

OurTown

Reaction score
Cryptopay is awesome to deal with. The swipers are very good IMHO except that they can't read certain cards. Most times the card strips are worn but some look brand new. I have a few cards that swipe perfect at other businesses but will rarely work on our swipers. The buttons do wear out quickly if you are count up in the bays and only pulse one quarter per button press. We fixed that by going count up. All other issues are with Worldpay. And there are a lot of issues. Just about every time I talk to Cryptopay now I ask for processor choices.

Twodose

Reaction score
you have to jump through many hoops just to get logged in, then it resets in a month and you have to go through it all over.
It's easy to login to, but if you don't do it every 25 days your account will become inactive, thats when it is a pita, you have to call them, and sometime it can be a process just to get logged back in.

OurTown

Reaction score
This is how you refund a customer using the accessmyIQ website on a computer:
Wait until the transaction has posted. (two hours after first swipe)
  • Find the transaction and copy the transaction ID.
  • Log into accessmyiq and make sure your browser will accept pop up windows from them.
  • Click on "express virtual terminal".
  • It should open a pop up window.
  • Click "view transactions".
  • Click "transaction search".
  • Paste in the transaction ID from Cryptopay.
  • Click "search".
  • It should bring up the transaction.
  • Click on the found transaction.
  • Click "credit".
You can change the amount in case you want to do a partial refund.

sparkey

Reaction score
Everything you just typed is correct. If you can get logged in…you’ve won the battle. Every time I’m successful I feel like I’ve won the lottery.
Same here. Their login is absolute trash

sparkey

Reaction score
I have the same issue with their swipers. Even a brand new swiper may take 3 or 4 tries to get a good read.