What's new

Cryptopay Internet Providers

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hello Guys
I have been renovating a little self serve wash the past year and its SS only and wanted to add Cryptopay and have it at my 10/1 site for years but my Spectrum business high speed internet bill is climbed up to $159.81 per month at that particular site and honestly I didn't want to pay that just for a basic 4 bay carwash per month. I have heard you guys talk about jetpacks and other little gadgets to get internet could yall explain to me how its done and do you need high speed internet for Cryptopay and how reliable are the other options and are you happy. Just trying to think outside the box. I don't have to have live streaming dedicated IP cameras at the time ect. (Also do you need a dedicated IP address for Cryptopay. thanks alot.

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't need high speed for Cryptopay. It only sends a few kb for each swipe, so you won't touch a 1GB/month service. I've helped two different people set up a wireless hotspot and they're both running it trouble-free years later. FWIW I have AT&T at my wash, 300 Mb/s service and it's $65 a month with landline, but if you want something even cheaper, here's the link:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Like I wonder if I got a Jetpack through my local cell phone provider Verizon do you hook the cryptopay coordinator into the jetpack dirrect or do you need a modem also. Thanks I just never seen it done this way.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I can't find it, but cap... on here talked about it over a yr ago. He got a nice modem & HotSpot & voil'a...he was up & running for free!!

I contacted him & he told me what to get. I bought em both, but moved & never set it up. If i can find em u can have em. Lemme look this week,& u should call him yourself & inquire...

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I have been using a hot spot through Verizon for a couple of years with Cryptopay and it works perfectly. It costs $10/mnth to add the hot spot to an existing account. It uses .04 GB/ month for my 4 bay SS. I am using a Netgear AC971L hot spot I purchased through Verizon to create a WIFI network. Then, I used a Netgear wifi extender EX6120 to connect wirelessly to the hot spot. Finally, the cryptopay unit connects to the wifi extender with an ethernet cord.

This set up has worked flawlessly. Before that, I had a couple of other hot spots from a different brand that had to be rebooted constantly.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Not sure if this would be legal but with a wifi booster ... maybe a close neighbor ... with their consent ... RV Tourists I believe have been known to do that with specialized hotspot equipment.

On this ... I might be full of crap ... maybe a "can of worms" suggestion???

mngoalie

Reaction score
Relying on someone else for something so important just doesn't seem like a good idea

kdersch

Reaction score
Is your internet also being used for security cameras, or is that only stored locally on a DVR?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have been using a hot spot through Verizon for a couple of years with Cryptopay and it works perfectly. It costs $10/mnth to add the hot spot to an existing account. It uses .04 GB/ month for my 4 bay SS. I am using a Netgear AC971L hot spot I purchased through Verizon to create a WIFI network. Then, I used a Netgear wifi extender EX6120 to connect wirelessly to the hot spot. Finally, the cryptopay unit connects to the wifi extender with an ethernet cord.

This set up has worked flawlessly. Before that, I had a couple of other hot spots from a different brand that had to be rebooted constantly.
Thank you alot very helpful sir