What's new

Cryptopay install update

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 2 self serve bays now accept credit cards via the Cryptopay system.

I'm very happy with the resulting CC sales already.

The reporting is easy to access and understand once you know the specifics.

The Cryptopay team is very accessible and responds quickly to calls and emails.

The equipment is easy to install.

Waxman's tips for a seamless install:

1. Use a new drill bit to make the holes in your stainless meter box.

2. Use a spring-loaded punch to mark the holes.

3. Plan where your cryptonet goes; the signal doesn't go thru metal too well but has no problem with glass or wood or block. If you have doors in your ss bays that are closed in Winter months, make sure they have windows and/or test system with all doors closed to see if it'll work.

dedsled

Reaction score
I too have the system up and running, I installed swipers in my 3 ss bays and a stand alone dryer. These have all been running for 3 months with no problems. I've had one swiper punched or hit which cracked the end charges button but it still works. Occasionally I get a phone call from customers concerned with the hold charge of $10 put on their card for a $1.00 dryer. This amount can be changed to any amount. I don't get enough complaints to warrant changing it though.

Lay week my hamilton swiper let go on a ACW5. I ordered a new swiper, compatible dixmor scrolling display and lexan and installed it all in a hour. He cryptopay swiper on the hamilton seems to verify cards faster than the old system. I use an IDX validated for tokens and a slug buster in the acw5 and the lexan template requires the swiper to be installed on top of the iDX bracket which was a little tricky but that's the only small issue I had with install.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
About the cryptopay on an acw5.... now correct me if I am wrong dedsled.

-It cost $1600- $1250 for all the cryptopay stuff and $350 for the dixmor display.
-The system works really independent of the acw and sends coin pulses and interacts by reading the original display output from the acw controller.