What's new

Cryptopay Headsup

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Our authorization is set at $10 and our max ‘count up’ charge is $15. We only have Cryptopay in two Self Serve bays for a few months, replacing a different credit card set up. Bay pricing is $3 for 3.5 minutes. I believe we’re averaging around $8.50 on credit card and I will see charges for $15-$18 and as high as $26.

Whimpy

Reaction score
Earl, looks like you were right. When we tried to get him to send us a copy of his statement he couldn't. He said it was a statement that came on his phone and that now it was cleared off. This happens all the time with the exception that most people know whether they are looking at an alert on their phone or an actual credit card statement. This guy is a doctor by the way. He doesn't know that I know him and have actually been to him before when he substituted for my doctor.

br549ms

Reaction score
The worst customers are doctors and lawyers. A doctor thinks after he pays once the rest should be free forever, just try and go back to them if you are still sick $$. A lawyer is looking you over to see if someone needs to sue.
I ask all customers to call their bank if the problem is not resolved in a few days. Most of them understand.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
"This happens all the time with the exception that most people know whether they are looking at an alert on their phone or an actual credit card statement. "
You have to keep in mind this is not a common situation. Most people charge a specific amount. Only a few merchants Authorize some greater amount. Most common are Gas stations because when you put the card in for a fill up it does not know what the total will be. Another may be a rental car company or a hotel deposit for the same reason.