What's new

Cryptopay for Unitec Wash Select

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Greg, interesting you should ask and yes my paystation is exhibiting the same as you describe. DRB had me test those pins with a voltmeter. My voltmeter may not be the best and it’s digital so the read on the 5VDC came out to 4 and the read on the 12VDC came out to 11. The 24VAC was reading at 27. DRB was suspecting the power supply but they were not certain so they wanted to test for another hour by having me unplug and plug back in different connectors. Sometimes the screen goes blank and just start making a clicking sound. Other times the paystation will accept payment and then say proceed but the wash doesn’t start. I’ve restripped several wires, I’ve remove the cryptopay swiper thinking that might have something to do with it, and I’ve checked for moisture in the box.
Try disconnecting the LEDs on the display and I/O board and see if your 5VDC voltage come up

chrisg

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the LEDs on the display and I/O board and see if your 5VDC voltage come up
Just so I have a good understanding of what you are referring to, it’s the little red lights on each board? I’m fairly new at this so I don’t want to screw anything up.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just so I have a good understanding of what you are referring to, it’s the little red lights on each board? I’m fairly new at this so I don’t want to screw anything up.
No it's the lights that "backlight" the screen when it's dark. If you will look on each individual display there is a two wire connector that connects to the I/O board (The big board on the back of the door) They illuminate the displays at night. Try disconnecting all five of those and see if your voltage rises.

I would also recommend getting a multimeter that will read voltage by the 10ths. In this case, getting your voltage up from say 4.2 to 4.8 volts might make the problem go away.

chrisg

Reaction score
No it's the lights that "backlight" the screen when it's dark. If you will look on each individual display there is a two wire connector that connects to the I/O board (The big board on the back of the door) They illuminate the displays at night. Try disconnecting all five of those and see if your voltage rises.

I would also recommend getting a multimeter that will read voltage by the 10ths. In this case, getting your voltage up from say 4.2 to 4.8 volts might make the problem go away.
Hi Greg, since disconnecting the LEDs, the intermittent issues seem to have subsided or gone away. One thing I discovered when disconnecting the LEDs is that when I disconnected the 2nd wash option LED, the machine went into that reboot mode. None of the other LED disconnects had this affect. So I added those LED wires back in for just that one and the machine has been working. Does this mean the 5V power supply is failing? Or does it mean something is not right with the display board?

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Greg, since disconnecting the LEDs, the intermittent issues seem to have subsided or gone away. One thing I discovered when disconnecting the LEDs is that when I disconnected the 2nd wash option LED, the machine went into that reboot mode. None of the other LED disconnects had this affect. So I added those LED wires back in for just that one and the machine has been working. Does this mean the 5V power supply is failing? Or does it mean something is not right with the display board?
I couldn’t say without further investigation with a voltmeter. I think it makes sense to replace the power supply if the problem comes back. Keep in mind that there are also cables providing power to the cryptopay board. Check connections for corrosion and maybe replace the cable if you haven’t already

I hexed myself in this thread because mine has started to malfunction again after a six month hiatus. I’m replacing the power supply as soon as I can get in there when it’s not busy. RDM sells them for a better price.

chrisg

Reaction score
I couldn’t say without further investigation with a voltmeter. I think it makes sense to replace the power supply if the problem comes back. Keep in mind that there are also cables providing power to the cryptopay board. Check connections for corrosion and maybe replace the cable if you haven’t already

I hexed myself in this thread because mine has started to malfunction again after a six month hiatus. I’m replacing the power supply as soon as I can get in there when it’s not busy. RDM sells them for a better price.
Sorry Greg! Hopefully the power supply is the issue. I had another call with DRB and we spent another hour testing different combinations. Still no conclusion on the possible issue. We confirmed I'm getting 5V from the power supply to the J1 connector and 5V at the J14 connector. However, when I start to connect the LEDs one by one, the voltage drops at the J13 connector, which connects to the Display board. DRB now thinks it could be one or multiple LEDs are going bad and drawing too much power. I am suspecting the display board is going bad. I have another call with them on Monday. By the way, what does "RDM" stand for?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Chris I located my problem that came back and it was the coin dispenser attempting to dispense coins that was causing the unit to reboot. So, I guess it can be nearly any input or output device that causes these problems. I plan on changing the power supplys as soon as the conditions are right. I need a dreary day to get it done without interfering with business.

chrisg

Reaction score
Chris I located my problem that came back and it was the coin dispenser attempting to dispense coins that was causing the unit to reboot. So, I guess it can be nearly any input or output device that causes these problems. I plan on changing the power supplys as soon as the conditions are right. I need a dreary day to get it done without interfering with business.
Nice! My coin dispenser hasn’t worked since I got the wash. I unplugged it after the first meeting with DRB last month but I still had issues after that.