What's new

Cryptopay for Hamilton ACW trouble shooting.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Just installed a Cryptopay kit on my Hamilton ACW5 today. Everything went well. I was even pleasantly surprised that my custom names displayed properly on the display. Then I tested it. Transaction worked as expected…credit cards and even my attendant card were verified quickly. Then nothing happens!

It is not telling the Hamilton controller that the card was good and to send the wash. Of course by the time I started testing this it was getting dark out. I’ll have to get after it again tomorrow morning.

Anyone have a similar issue? How do I go about isolating the components? I want to test the reader and the controller separately so I can pinpoint the issue but I don’t understand the logic of what is happening. Is the reader simply giving closure between the two red/green wires? If so, I should be able to measure that on my meter, right? On the controller, if I jump the pink wire to the brown does that simulate what the reader is supposed to provided? Thanks for any help.

Roz

Reaction score
The Hamilton has an active or passive switch on the controller (at least the GL has one which is very similar to the ACW5). You may need to toggle that switch. That being said both Hamilton and CryptoPay technical support are very helpful and probably have experience or notes on the issue & how to resolve it.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Thanks Roz, however that’s not the issue. Machine was working fine prior to installation of the Cryptoswiper. It’s still working fine with cash. The swiper is actually working correctly as it has charged my credit card and attendant card for the appropriate washes that I chose. The only issue is that it’s not telling the ACW to issue the wash or the ACW isn’t acknowledging the signal to issue the wash. I need to determine which it is.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
After printing out the schematic for the Hamilton Split Harness that they're tapping into it looks like all of the inputs for the Hamilton are normally open and then taken to ground when an input occurs. Cryptopay has you tapping into the the Brown (pin 16) which is the common and the Pink (pin 1) which I'm not sure what it is. On the schematic it looks like it says "TOK" which in their legend is the Tokencoin input. It might say 'TDK' but their isn't a TDK in the Legend. There is, however, a Yellow Wire (pin 17) that is labelled "RCV" which the Legend describes as a "Signal from the computer to the controller in a credit card system, indicates if a card is approved or denied" but it doesn't mention that it's normally open and taken to ground like the other inputs.

I guess I should at least be able to see if the Swiper is closing the contacts between the two red/green wires. A place to start.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I guess that’s why you don’t wire things while holding a flashlight in the mouth. Bad connection to the pink wire behind controller, the one connection I was positive was good.

Cryptopay processes card almost instantaneously and sends wash into the automatic computer just like it’s supposed.

Yippee!