What's new

Cryptopay discrepancy

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Had a customer email me because he was charged $12 when he thought he should only be charged $4 for his self-serve wash. After looking at video it looked as though he didn’t press the stop button. Went onto my Cryptopay dashboard and found his $12 charge, got the transaction ID, went to the Worldpay site and found his transaction but it shows up as $10!? How is that possible? At first I was worried I only got $10 but the Cryptopay site says $12 and the guy’s CC statement said $12. Anyone ever see this?

slash007

Reaction score
Had a customer email me because he was charged $12 when he thought he should only be charged $4 for his self-serve wash. After looking at video it looked as though he didn’t press the stop button. Went onto my Cryptopay dashboard and found his $12 charge, got the transaction ID, went to the Worldpay site and found his transaction but it shows up as $10!? How is that possible? At first I was worried I only got $10 but the Cryptopay site says $12 and the guy’s CC statement said $12. Anyone ever see this?
Is your auth charge $10?

Bud's

Reaction score
I have noticed a couple issues like that and currently trying to track it down. I swipe with my card every time I go and check the transactions since most customers are willing to screw you every chance they get it's unlikely to hear it from them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Is your authorization $12? Then actual charge was $10???

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Our minimum is $4 and maximum is $15 with a $10 authorization. The transaction was from back in February so it wouldn’t (shouldn’t) be the authorization as he already got his statement. The guy did only wash for about four minutes and then turned the dial to off. Believe it or not, it looked like the next customer that pulled in ended his transaction.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Just rewatched video of his wash. The customer that pulled into the bay after him did in fact press the stop button 12 minutes after he swiped his car, hence the $12 charge as we are $1/minute.

WTF!? Just went back to the Worldpay terminal and searched that Transaction ID again...now it shows $12. When I went to credit the card back his $8 and searched it, it said $10 and that was March 3rd which was 10 days after his visit? Problem fixed but not explained.

PDonnelly

Reaction score
I would agree with everyone sounds like your "Auto charge/holding" is $10 which mine is as well. So what happens is every time a customer swipes a card it automatically reserves $10 as a charge to ensure that you can be paid for your washes services. Once the customer is done and shuts down the count up timing it registers the correct amount they should be charged for services ... now there CC statement and your statement will not automatically reflect this due the time to "process" the transaction typically end of day. These charges are "batched" out and will auto populate what was actually billed out to them on your end as well on their end. It can be confusing I have a lot of people now a days checking their CC statement as soon as they hit the Stop button with the same confusion ... If you easy test is to swipe your card on 2 different units and stop time on each one differently and check your own statements ... you'll be able to see it with your own eyes. I called Cryptopay about this to have it explained since my guys where refunding money now and then in cash to disgruntled customers because they didn't understand how the system worked either.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I would agree with everyone sounds like your "Auto charge/holding" is $10 which mine is as well. So what happens is every time a customer swipes a card it automatically reserves $10 as a charge to ensure that you can be paid for your washes services. Once the customer is done and shuts down the count up timing it registers the correct amount they should be charged for services ... now there CC statement and your statement will not automatically reflect this due the time to "process" the transaction typically end of day. These charges are "batched" out and will auto populate what was actually billed out to them on your end as well on their end. It can be confusing I have a lot of people now a days checking their CC statement as soon as they hit the Stop button with the same confusion ... If you easy test is to swipe your card on 2 different units and stop time on each one differently and check your own statements ... you'll be able to see it with your own eyes. I called Cryptopay about this to have it explained since my guys where refunding money now and then in cash to disgruntled customers because they didn't understand how the system worked either.
PDonnely when I discovered the discrepancy, it was March 3rd, ten days after his visit. That would be the longest reversal period I've ever seen.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
......................... These charges are "batched" out and will auto populate what was actually billed out to them on your end as well on their end. It can be confusing
It can also be affected by business days since transactions my not be processed by the card issuer on non business days.