What's new

CryptoPay Coordinator issue, need some advice.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Ok so we use the coordinator in conjunction with swipers in our bays. This only started happening a month or so ago, every now and then the coordinator will just stop connecting to the internet. The SPD light will be solid, the ACT light will be blinking somewhat, and no other lights will be on. So I follow CryptoPay’s reboot steps (unplug Ethernet, SW1 for 5 seconds, etc.) and when I plug everything back in? Not much. I’ll get like 2 seconds of my Run + A/B lights lighting up like it’s working before it just disconnects again and only those two previous lights show.

So I contact CryptoPay, they say it’s a problem with my hooking it directly into my Comcast business modem and my modem is knocking the CryptoPay out and not allowing it to connect somehow…something to do with the configuration (which is weird because I’ve tested it on another Comcast business modem at another site with default config and it was working fine there). So I call Comcast, they send a guy out to check the lines and they even replaced my modem, fantastic. Now? Still not working. CryptoPay strongly suggests that it’s my modem configuration and the device isn’t faulty. I can’t keep having it connect and disconnect and connect again, I’m losing out on card purchases.

So, is there something I’m missing or should I just buy another coordinator? I rebooted it again a few hours ago and had it up (but without any of the usual lights somehow) for a little under an hour before it went down again. Some purchases that it stored went through which is better than nothing but…I would rather it just work.

So please give me suggestions, ask questions, give me some help here. I would appreciate it a ton.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
So I contact CryptoPay, they say it’s a problem with my hooking it directly into my Comcast business modem and my modem is knocking the CryptoPay out and not allowing it to connect somehow…something to do with the configuration (which is weird because I’ve tested it on another Comcast business modem at another site with default config and it was working fine there).

So, is there something I’m missing or should I just buy another coordinator?

If you have tested the coordinator at another site and it works fine there, I don't think buying a new one is going to fix your problem. I would think that if it only happens at this particular location, it would have to be something to do with the internet connection at this site. Do you have anything else connected to the internet besides CryptoPay? If so, can you access it when the coordinator is not connecting?

Last edited:

Touchless

Reaction score
If the Coordinator works at a different location and the modem was just replaced, seems like the internet might be the issue. Maybe the speed isn’t fast enough?

MEP001

Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a port conflict. Try what Fatboy769 suggested, or disconnect everything but the coordinator and see if it works.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
If you have tested the coordinator at another site and it works fine there, I don't think buying a new one is going to fix your problem. I would think that if it only happens at this particular location, it would have to be something to do with the internet connection at this site. Do you have anything else connected to the internet besides CryptoPay? If so, can you access it when the coordinator is not connecting?
I do have a security system box plugged into one of the ethernet ports on the modem and it hasn't had any problems while the coordinator is plugged in and not working. My phone is also connected via wifi and whenever the coordinator is down the internet still works perfectly fine.

It sounds like it could be a port conflict. Try what Fatboy769 suggested, or disconnect everything but the coordinator and see if it works.
I'll try unplugging the security system from the modem and seeing if anything different happens.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know what happens.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Update: A video showing what's going on. I'll also have you know that It had been working for the entre day today.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you done anything different? Have you tried any suggestions given?

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Have you done anything different? Have you tried any suggestions given?
Tried rebooting it with only the coordinator plugged into the modem and tried a different power outlet just orule out some kind of power issue.

Of the suggestions, I checked the the speed (70mb down, good enough) and I made sure that nothing was plugged in except for the coordinator and the modem and got the result shown in the video (not even my phone was on the wifi). If it's a port issue, what steps should I take to get that configured correctly? Should I get in touch with Comcast to set it up as a DMZ device maybe?

Last edited:

Twodose

Reaction score
Have you tried a new or different ethernet cable? Also I would try running it thorough a switch, then to the modem. You could also try using your own router and just the cable co. modem. If you know how to access the properties of the cable co modem/router combo you should be able to turn off the router and just use the modem. I use Asus rt-ac68u routers, I have 6 of them, they are good quality for the money.

Last edited:

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Have you tried a new or different ethernet cable? Also I would try running it thorough a switch, then to the modem. You could also try using your own router and just the cable co. modem. If you know how to access the properties of the cable co mode/router combo you should be able to turn of the router and just use the modem. I use Asus rt-ac68u routers, I have 6 of them, they are good quality for the money.
So get a router, put the combo modem in bridge mode, and use my own router before the modem? I could do that. Just leaving the modem as is and getting a switch would be cheaper though, but both are viable solutions though yeah?

Last edited:

Twodose

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are solutions, but worth trying the simple stuff like changing out the ethernet cable and trying a switch. It almost seems like something wrong with the coordinator, did you let it run for a day or so in the different location?

Touchless

Reaction score
When you talked to Cryptopay did they log in and test your coordinator? I was just thinking when I added swipers to our vacuums I worked with them on the connection to the coordinator. We moved the coordinator in different locations to get a better connection with the vacs since they are further away from the building. They were doing the testing remotely.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are solutions, but worth trying the simple stuff like changing out the ethernet cable and trying a switch. It almost seems like something wrong with the coordinator, did you let it run for a day or so in the different location?
I did try to change the cable today and that didn't do anything. I didn't let it run for a day or so, but it was a couple of hours at the other place. It was instantly working when I plugged it in at the other location though and it just stayed working. Plugging it in at the original location never does that, always starts as down like in the video and then comes up randomly and goes down again.

When you talked to Cryptopay did they log in and test your coordinator? I was just thinking when I added swipers to our vacuums I worked with them on the connection to the coordinator. We moved the coordinator in different locations to get a better connection with the vacs since they are further away from the building. They were doing the testing remotely.
I don't remember them saying they were doing any remote testing when I talked to them, but I'll give them a try again tomorrow when they're open and see if they can take a look.

As a side note, one of the guys who watches the place said he bumped it and it started working again for a little bit lol. If only everything just started working after you give it the ol' "kick start."

Touchless

Reaction score
I did try to change the cable today and that didn't do anything. I didn't let it run for a day or so, but it was a couple of hours at the other place. It was instantly working when I plugged it in at the other location though and it just stayed working. Plugging it in at the original location never does that, always starts as down like in the video and then comes up randomly and goes down again.

I don't remember them saying they were doing any remote testing when I talked to them, but I'll give them a try again tomorrow when they're open and see if they can take a look.

As a side note, one of the guys who watches the place said he bumped it and it started working again for a little bit lol. If only everything just started working after you give it the ol' "kick start."
Hopefully they can help you further. They did test the new swipers and updated the software on them remotely so I would assume they can test the coordinator. Good luck and maybe it just needs a bump here and there lol.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Have you tried a different port and new cable

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Have you tried a different port and new cable
I have, but I'll try it again when I swing by Staples and grab a switch and some fresh out of the box cables.

Update: Bought a separate router and new cables instead per CryptoPay's suggestion. Let's hope this is the end.

Update 2: Router did the trick, everything seems more stable now. Thanks for the help guys! @Jsshac @Touchless @Twodose @MEP001

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I was wondering if you got fixed

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I was wondering if you got fixed
Yeah, it was surprisingly easy to fix. Just plugged in the router, set it up via the gateway, and it stayed working. Maybe that should be included in the official CryptoPay documentation if it isn't. I'm just glad I don't have to check up on it every hour or two now.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Just got a new coordinator, turns out that was the issue.

Last edited: