What's new

Cryptopay and Etowah Valley

Eric H

Reaction score
One of my locations has had Etowah Vally QuickPay credit card timers for well over 10 years. I recently added Cryptopay to my vacuums and I’d like to switch my bays to Cryptopay. Does anyone know if the Cryptopay swiper a will work with the Etowah Valley timer or do I need to switch to a Dixmor LED7?

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay will work with any timer in count-down mode, but I would assume Etowah Valley didn't provide the means to run count-up with their timers. You'd have to call to find out - just call every ten minutes and ask to speak to Jim. Don't bother leaving a message or voice mail, he won't return the call. You can try asking one of his guys, but they probably won't know.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We were in the exact same boat. Swapped them over to Dixmor LED6’s & Cryptopay. Consider the fact that those Quickpay timers are about $1000 each now when they need to be replaced.

Eric H

Reaction score
We were in the exact same boat. Swapped them over to Dixmor LED6’s & Cryptopay. Consider the fact that those Quickpay timers are about $1000 each now when they need to be replaced.
I have several older timers that the modem board stopped working. I’d hate to lose the voice instructions.
I definitely want to do count UP. MEP’s comment concerns me. I haven’t been able to connect with Jim.
I don’t want to continue with 3 card processing companies at this site. I Have WorldPay for the IBAs and Vacuums and TSYS for the 2 SS bays (or whatever the card processors call themselves)

MEP001

Reaction score
I would too, I just don't think you can do it with the Etowah Valley timer. On the plus side, Dixmor timers aren't all that expensive.

FWIW I would go with the LED7. The only advantage to the LED6 is that it can display the money spent counting up, but the dox matrix displays have a high failure rate. I have a couple of LED3s that are probably 30 years old and still work perfectly. It's the same display as the LED7.

OurTown

Reaction score
The only advantage to the LED6 is that it can display the money spent counting up, but the dox matrix displays have a high failure rate.

I really like the look of the 6's display but they do fail often-ish.

MEP001

Reaction score
I just set my LED7s to "RTRO" so no scrolling message, they just display the startup price static.

CClaus

Reaction score
I have several older timers that the modem board stopped working. I’d hate to lose the voice instructions.
I definitely want to do count UP. MEP’s comment concerns me. I haven’t been able to connect with Jim.
I don’t want to continue with 3 card processing companies at this site. I Have WorldPay for the IBAs and Vacuums and TSYS for the 2 SS bays (or whatever the card processors call themselves)
Hi Eric if you are still using that TSYS account, you probably set that up with Nick M. at TSYS. I worked with him for years until Global bought TSYS and Riffed everyone so they could drive the price up on our former clients. Nick is now working for a different processor, but I do believe he can still work with Etowah Valley. If you need help reviewing your TSYS statements or getting away form them, feel free to let me know and I can get you his contact details. Thank you. 330.365.5686

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I've got a whole box of Etowah Valley timers, swipes, and speakers. I removed them in 10 bays. Some are green boards and some are red boards. I would make someone a good deal on the whole lot.

Thanks,
Lighthouse