What's new

Crypto Pay Tap users

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Hello SS Owners,

Those of you tat installed Crypto Tap- how is your experience so far? Any comments on Device performance, reliability, customer complaints. Also, did you notice any sales volume increase after installing Tap?
Thank you for sharing!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend and I installed Tap on my Hamilton Goldline as part of my IBA upgrade/remodel. It works great! Customers seem to be finding it on the cashier, albeit slowly. I find myself showing customers and explaining it a little after they have trouble with the swipe method. FWIW, customers can't / don't read signs saying which way the mag stripe goes. So....they have to look around a bit to see/read about/use TAP feature.

I'd say maybe 25-35% of CC sales are TAP. I think that # will increase because the TAP works well; fast and easy......once they realize the TAP is there and how to use it. Hey... even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn once in awhile!

OurTown

Reaction score
We put one on our Hamilton Gold line over two years ago when KR got the first small batch. A few months ago I started getting complaints that it wasn't working but was still seeing taps on my Cryptopay dashboard so I didn't think much about it. Later after looking closer the amount of taps we were getting was probably half of what it used to be. We did some experimenting with different cards plus Mrs Our town's Iphone. (My phone doesn't have tap to pay capability) Some worked and done didn't. After talking to Cryptopay we determined it was going bad and ordered another. The new one seems to work fine now but the amount of taps is still pretty low. Maybe some people got frustrated and haven't tried again in the last few weeks. The old one was sent back and looks like it was repaired or replaced (it looks new) but it doesn't look like they charged us. Maybe because it was one of the first ones and they knew there was an issue? When we get around to installing our larger meter boxes in bays we will for sure be installing them on the doors. I'm on the fence about installing them on the vacs.

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments. I just ordered Tap for my bays. Based on bay result, I may add them to vacuum later.

Damoni88

Reaction score
We put one on our Hamilton Gold line over two years ago when KR got the first small batch. A few months ago I started getting complaints that it wasn't working but was still seeing taps on my Cryptopay dashboard so I didn't think much about it. Later after looking closer the amount of taps we were getting was probably half of what it used to be. We did some experimenting with different cards plus Mrs Our town's Iphone. (My phone doesn't have tap to pay capability) Some worked and done didn't. After talking to Cryptopay we determined it was going bad and ordered another. The new one seems to work fine now but the amount of taps is still pretty low. Maybe some people got frustrated and haven't tried again in the last few weeks. The old one was sent back and looks like it was repaired or replaced (it looks new) but it doesn't look like they charged us. Maybe because it was one of the first ones and they knew there was an issue? When we get around to installing our larger meter boxes in bays we will for sure be installing them on the doors. I'm on the fence about installing them on the vacs.
They didn't charge you. Same thing happened to me I was in that small batch and they said we can send back and they will repair free of charge.

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
First hand experience when I got mine put in about a year and a half ago. I was told by most local owners they didn't have much succes with them. Needless to say I like to offer all methods possible, especially for those instances that someone forgets their wallet I remind them we have tap and pay and it saves them time to go get their wallet and prevents me losing the customer from leaving the facility. I installed it on all my SS and Autos, and needless to say my swipe count is right on with my tap count almost identical. The taps are used 48% of credit card transactions and the swipes are used 52%. The only thing I was analytics would show me is if the tap and pay was a card or a phone/watch so I could then start to see how many customers are taking their phones out to pay to see what count I could see from a start of an app. But overall I've loved them, have had very few issues with them, when customers have issues swiping I show them the tap function and they typically start using that from then on out because it's much easier than awkwardly trying to swipe from your car seat on the Autos.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I gotta admit I didn't know tap was "a thing" until a couple Years ago. Now I actively look for a tap sensor every time I use a credit card.

Would love to see cryptopay make a compact integrated unit for a reasonable cost.
Yeh, that seems like a no brainier. Like id think that would be moved to "URGENT" for R&D.

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Thought I would you give an update. Installed Crypto tap for my 7 bays about a week ago. So far, I see around 30% customers are using It. I am happy so far with the decision.

Thanks

David Rolf

Reaction score
Thought I would you give an update. Installed Crypto tap for my 7 bays about a week ago. So far, I see around 30% customers are using It. I am happy so far with the decision.

Thanks
I also installed Tap units in all of our bays last week. Iv'e been looking at the usage. At my wash it exceeds mag swipes everyday so far since I installed them. More payment options just made sense to me. I added a decal on the tap that says "Push button on swiper to end charges" Just so customers know the systems work together.

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, for tap2pay, do you have to also have a swipe CC?
Or is that only Cryptopay?

TJ1

Reaction score
I put both swipe and tap on new meter doors 18 months ago (2 units). Both Taps quit working within the last month about 2 weeks apart from each other. Both show connected in crypto, but blue light is not working. Not sure its worth replacing at $400 each. Swipers are still working so thats good.

Attachments

Damoni88

Reaction score
I put both swipe and tap on new meter doors 18 months ago (2 units). Both Taps quit working within the last month about 2 weeks apart from each other. Both show connected in crypto, but blue light is not working. Not sure its worth replacing at $400 each. Swipers are still working so thats good.
If you ever need those buttons I have tons.