What's new

Crying out loud! Shut down.

Starrwash

Reaction score
3 days with the car wash shut down due to 150 amp panel breaker failure. Old panel, obsolete breaker and poor service from ups is killing me. First time closed in 5 years. Electrician can not get new panel due to short supply. I did order breaker 3 days ago overnight, but nothing yet. Yes crying out loud! 1CD14D5F-A15F-41A6-9911-9DB9D3188472.png

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you post a list of everything running off that breaker?

MEP001

Reaction score
What kind of automatic? Does it have dryers?

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
What freak'n mess. I'd would have to say that that panel is under sized for what your running. I did a quick seach and found dozen or so of those 150 amp brakers. A couple of ne ones .

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Randy on his statement about a possible under sized situation etc.

If the electrician &/or engineer insists on a whole new panel ... you might want him to oversize enough to possibly add a beefy enough Electric Vehicle (EV) fast charging outlet sometime in the future. I just traded in my Honda Fit for a brand new 2022 AWD Hyundai Kona Limited & my eyes were bugging out of my head a bit when I learned of the dealership carrying a variety of brand new EVs.

A little bit of more long term provisions for possibly not that much more extra cost?

mac

Reaction score
Sad to say but that panel is more common most would want.

Starrwash

Reaction score
Sad to say but that panel is more common most would want.
Due to new codes I am told it would be very expensive to replace. The current box is much smaller than the larger clearance box now required. I have wen a little overboard and ordered 3. Interesting note two of the replacements were ordered nearly 4 days ago overnight and still not in.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Due to new codes I am told it would be very expensive to replace. The current box is much smaller than the larger clearance box now required. I have wen a little overboard and ordered 3. Interesting note two of the replacements were ordered nearly 4 days ago overnight and still not in.
I might be wrong but another consideration could possibly be if you sell your car wash ... maybe your grandfathered in much smaller box will no longer be allowed when a new owner comes into the picture.