What's new

cross marketing w/local speedee oilchange?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thinking of presenting a cross-marketing program to

a local oil change biz.

should i:

1. sell them discount carwashes they can use for a sales promotion?

2. trade for equal value of their services so we both can run a sales promo?

3. some combo of both?

4. do my own promotions and forget this concept.

t.i.a.

waxy1:cool:

O

ONEcard

What Ive seen done was tied to prepaid card users. If a customer washes 15 times they got a free basic Oil Change. You send them a coupon via email, either after they've washed or if they buy a 15 wash card in advance.

Tie in with the Oil guy, Buy the Oil change coupon at a discount. They will provide just the basic's But most customers will end up upgrading the oil or add filters etc., when they use it it will feel like free money for the basic change. The Oil guy knows this.

Basic Oil change $19.95 They give you a 50% discount $10.00 Which is covered by your sales of washes to him. Your customer washes 15 times. If its a self serve $7.50 = $112.50 If its in the auto $150.00 Seams workable promotion.

Tag it with a slick name like Complete Maintenance. Add promotional signage of pop up banners at both places promoting the offer.

Sounds like a win win

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
What about asking a couple of different companies to hand out their coupons to detail customers. I don't like the idea that car washes are always discounted and have a lesser value. Hand out the oil change coupons to your customers , like a value added service for detailing.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
In most cases, I find this type of arrangement only works well when the facilities are proximate, preferrably adjacent. Otherwise, the use of the wash by the oil change customers tends to drop exponentially as the distance between the stores increases.

Turbo

Reaction score
In most cases, I find this type of arrangement only works well when the facilities are proximate, preferrably adjacent. Otherwise, the use of the wash by the oil change customers tends to drop exponentially as the distance between the stores increases.

For Reference:

I have a 3 bay Jiffy Lube with an ATTACHED 3 bay self serv carwash and 1 inbay automatic. I give away a car wash with the oil change. 60% of my customers use the free carwash.

Turbo

Etowah