What's new

Critters were here again!

denduke

Reaction score
The Critters set up a drug lab last night around 10pm (Sunday night) to the rear of our car wash at Bay #3. They were cookin and dumping the residue in the drains when the cops pulled up and the nerds bolted, only to be caught, and busted, a few blocks away. BUT, that left me with a pretty good toxic
hazmat issue that took 14 hours to clean up and resolve. Luckily, most of the down time was overnight and on Monday morning. We were able to open around noon on Monday. Looks like it may cost me about $2500 for the underground cleanup and pumping. The State will pay for the above ground cleanup and the removal of residue and some "finished product" which was PCP I think, or maybe Meth ????
Anyone had a similar experience, or can make any suggestion as far as insurance claims, etc.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Joe Law

Reaction score
Go to court and get restitution from the bad guys.

MEP001

Reaction score
Joe Law said:
Go to court and get restitution from the bad guys.
I'm sure if they had money they wouldn't be cooking meth in a car wash bay. It's also not likely they report their "wages" from the drugs they sell, so the courts can't garnish their "paychecks."

As far as insurance claims, I'd check with a lawyer, have him go over your policy and see what he can work with to get money, but you may just drive up your premiums. I'd probably just leave it alone instead.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Hard to believe that suing them would get you any money.

Reminds me when Colorado passed a bad check law that you were entitled to three times the face amount on a bad check. If the check bounced to begin with it was highly unlikely that you could collect three times the amount.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You will get the money over time, as they aren't "clear" until they pay everyone off. I've gotten money long after I remembered what happened.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm getting a restitution check monthly of about $73/month for an incident that happened at a carwash about four years ago. I sold the carwash it happened at in 2005. I love mailbox money!

denduke

Reaction score
Bottom Feeders

The two that got caught were bottom of the food chain critters, the one's that do the dirty work of dumping the chemicals. They have no money and even if their relatives do, they can always retaliate and come back and abuse the business when no one is there. I think for "peace of mind" I may just pay the bill and then try for an insurance claim. I do appreciate all of your input though. Thanks.

jprb

Reaction score
Missouri has a Crime Victims Compensation Fund. Something like that might be available through the state court system.

JPRB