What's new

Credit/Debit Card Importance?

Mchas

Reaction score
Well, you do NOW! Our vacs are cleaned daily. We check them for good suction a few times a day. We work 7 days a week.
9 am to 4 pm besides our employee is here from 8:30 am to 7 pm. Plus I'm on call 24/7.
So there are two of you there for 49 hours each per week (7 hours times 7 days)? That’s 98 hours of your time per week.

That’s 400+ hours a month. Then you are paying an employee for another 10+ hours a day. Now you’re at 700+ hours of labor every month.

Sure you are going to make more money by checking and cleaning vacuums every single day but you are giving up your entire life for this and probably valuing your time at close to minimum wage.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
So there are two of you there for 49 hours each per week (7 hours times 7 days)? That’s 98 hours of your time per week.

That’s 400+ hours a month. Then you are paying an employee for another 10+ hours a day. Now you’re at 700+ hours of labor every month.

Sure you are going to make more money by checking and cleaning vacuums every single day but you are giving up your entire life for this and probably valuing your time at close to minimum wage.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
Yes, it's a lot of hours, but that's what it takes. To be successful. You have to be at your business to make sure everything is running right. We LOVE what we do. Desire is a Big Factor.
*Please forgive me for the double post. I'm just learning.*

Last edited:

CarWashBoy

Reaction score

It's our Hobby.. Our minimum wage is the Profit at the end of the day..

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
Still, lots more to do. CWB and I have fun each and every day. We don't have to be at D&D every day and we aren't, but it's where we love to be. It takes care of us. We take care of it. Our philosophy at D&D is WE find the problem NOT the customer. Everything MUST work. :cool:
View attachment IMG_1998.mov

Last edited:
Reactions: sjb
Etowah

Zal

Reaction score
Car wash boy. You need to show them a bit more. I found your location. Reviews are great. Only complaint was $1 per minute. People love the clean and well maintained site. If they will pay then you are a genius. Job well done in my book!

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Car wash boy. You need to show them a bit more. I found your location. Reviews are great. Only complaint was $1 per minute. People love the clean and well maintained site. If they will pay then you are a genius. Job well done in my book!
They are paying so far, we have not changed our prices now for over 2-1/2 years, you get what you pay for.. We did $43,550 in June, so maybe we should drop/raise the price? Give us your thoughts, which would be appreciated.. we are open for suggestions.. Actually for Cash we are $1 for 50 seconds.. we are $1 for 1 minute with CC.. We charge less with CC.. We Love CC's.. No nasty Coins..
Thanks.. 🙂

Last edited:

Mchas

Reaction score
How far is the nearest competitor (other self serve washes)? And what are they priced at?

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
How far is the nearest competitor (other self-serve washes)? And what are they priced at?
We had a Two Bay SS across town, but we ran them out of business. A few years ago. We are the competition. Like Elon Mush once said "You can't be a lil better you have to be 100% better than your competitors.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
It's TEAM work.

mac

Reaction score
And I'll be the first one to use that rebuttal. I do plan on adding CC acceptance at some point, but my customers don't have credit cards and don't like using debit cards. There's a wash pretty close to mine that takes cards, and he says they're barely 10% of his income. It took two years for the upgrade to pay off. If you really believe there's only one type of customer and there aren't varying demographics, you're truly a fool. Kindly stop trolling this same BS.
Well we know who didn’t spend last night at a Holiday Inn Express. Think about this: When you let someone else control your emotions you have given that person control over you.

OurTown

Reaction score
With a population of 60,000 and the only wash in town then you can charge whatever you want. On the other hand it is one of the more expensive places to live so there's that. I'm sure your expenses are really high. (both business and personal)