What's new

Credit Card usage increase

soapy

Reaction score
Last month I paid the highest credit card fees ever. Business was good but I am seeing a increase in the overall percent of customers now using cards. Part of it may have been the so called coin shortage but a increase of over 15% usage in less than 6 months has to be credited to the COrona VIrus. On another topic is anyone getting sick of the free CHick Filet sandwiches you get when you take in $10 of quarters and exchange for a $10 bill. I wish they would offer other freebies like a shake or something.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
My credit usage VS coins/bills did not change all the way thru June. July saw %5 shift toward credit, but it has varied as much as 6-8% between months in the past, so that may not be material.

No significant coin shortage here. The bank says they were low, but had enough and it's gotten better. I'm still bringing Q's to the bank. Wish there were a chickfilet near me, I'd be eating for free :)

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Our car washes have not see any shift towards credit/debit cards during the pandemic. We continue at our 80-20 debit-cash ration.

OurTown

Reaction score
Our percentages have not changed and I did not know about the free sandwich deal. We have only gone to Chick-Fil-A a few times around here because they always seem to be so ridiculously busy. They are the only fast food place that operates their drive through like an express exterior with multiple lanes and order takers. Our changer abuse has gone down now and we might start depositing quarters again.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Having had credit cards for many years in the gasoline business I have seen the useage climb steadily for many years. It seems to have climbed more rapidly in the last few months.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've noticed more stores lately asking customers to use credit/debit to pay, some stating that they don't have change to give out at all. Home Depot has only self-checkout open and none of them take cash - I assume you have to go to the customer service desk to pay with cash. I normally try to pay for small things with cash but I feel like I shouldn't make someone handle bills and coins in the middle of all this.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
On another topic is anyone getting sick of the free Chick Filet sandwiches you get when you take in $10 of quarters and exchange for a $10 bill. I wish they would offer other freebies like a shake or something.
What? I just carried 2K to the bank yesterday! I love me some chik fil a- I gotta check into it