What's new

Credit card to token conversion for Hamilton changer

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I've got 2 Hamilton RNS changers dispensing $1 tokens which I would like to retrofit to take credit cards. I spoke to Hamilton and their only solution is to replace one of the RNS's with a $4,300 credit card to token machine which would require a $1,800 connector to their DAN system. I also spoke to USA Technology and they say their g-port10 "SHOULD WORK". Does anyone else have any experience adding credit card acceptance to a Hamilton changer.

Randy

Reaction score
Jim, I'll send you what information I've got.

MEP001

Reaction score
A "ghetto" option would be to add something like a Cryptopay reader and a programmable relay to have it send bill pulse equivalents to the controller.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have three of the American CC to token machines. My experience is better than Soapy's, but still nothing to jump up in the night and scream about. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have three of the American CC to token machines. My experience is better than Soapy's, but still nothing to jump up in the night and scream about.
What does make you do that?

I've heard the same thing about use being very low, maybe if you hold the customer's hand to show them how it works, or offer them a value for buying a larger amount than they're likely use in one visit it might help. We bought a used Hamilton RNS-CRC that had been in use for about two years, and the hopper only had about 1200 tokens dispensed.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What does make you do that?
Huh???

offer them a value for buying a larger amount than they're likely use in one visit it might help
I do offer bonus tokens for $10 or $20 purchases.

maybe if you hold the customer's hand to show them how it works
I have four washes and am like Jesus, germs, and Santa Claus. I'm everywhere, but never seen. I'm seldom at one wash long enough to do much hand-holding. Although, last night I was at one wash and managed to pi$$ off a couple of a$$holes within the span of about 10 minutes...there's that :(

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have american changers and and put cryptopay swipers on them. I just put a relay in to send the pulses to the changer. I set it up as each swipe is $5 or 6 $1 value tokens. One location doesnt get much use, newer location is getting much more use as time goes and they learn about the bonus token.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I was asking what does make you jump up in the night to scream about, but maybe I don't want to know.
Haha, not much does. My wife, now that's a different story, but not in the fun way. She is on a medication that the most common side effect is night terrors and hallucinations. She can occasionally make us both jump up in the middle of the night...:eek:

Randy

Reaction score
I have bill changer customer who has games at an arcade in a bowling alley. He installed a USA Technologies G9 credit card reader on the front of his bill changer that dispenses quarters. I told him at that time it wasn’t a good idea because he would be losing money on the swipe fee’s and he’d basically have an illegal ATM, he said he didn’t care and he deal with it if anyone ever said anything to him, 4 years later no one has said a word and his arcade games are doing very well. He does have it set up so you can only do 2 swipes in a 24 hour period. He does very well with this set up.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I finally got my USA Technology retrofit up and running with a lot of help especially from Randy Nix. Total cost was about $500 which is a far cry from the $6,500 Hamilton wanted.