What's new

Credit card system with Chip/Pin/Wave

Randy

Reaction score
Nope, I don’t know of any car wash manufactures who are installing any of the newer type smart card reader systems yet. This is the only product that I saw that might work in a car wash from Quest Payment systems. http://www.questpaymentsystems.com/assets/paystation-unattended-eftpos-pinpad.pdf I wonder how long it will be before we have to start making the change. I don’t think it’s going to be inexpensive switch over to the smart card.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Just something to remember, interchange rates are typically higher on "tap" transactions due to the increased risk assumed by the card companies. With that said, it does reduce transaction time significantly and customers may be willing to spend more.

jprb

Reaction score
Does anyone have one these cards yet? I've heard about them, also, but haven't seen one yet, and none of my cards have it.

JPRB

MEP001

Reaction score
Mine have had the chip for the last four years.

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Both my Visa and Bank card have both. The pay wave is so incredibly efficient, I love just tapping my Visa and then be on my way!

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of upgrading my existing CC system but I don't want to buy a swipe card reader anymore because the new readers are coming out soon ( http://www.questpaymentsystems.com/ut430-unattended-eftpos-pinpad.html ).
Do you know of any system that has the new readers already? The company above only sells the reader. Thanks.
Both the e-Port and Iris (InOne/Coinco) credit card systems have models that will accept these new "near field" cards. You can recognize these readers because they have a logo in the center that depicts "radio waves with a hand right next to these waves". I just installed one of each in vending machines that we sold. You can recognize these readers by the logo in the middle of the reader that shows "radio waves and a hand" on the front.

The problem is that the credit card processing companies have NOT may this system operational yet in the U.S., but it is coming. This system is used in Europe and in Canada per a previous post here.

Uncle Sam