What's new

Credit Card System for my Hamilton

waterway

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my Hamilton ACW credit card system. To be truthful I wish I was just buying a new cashier but right now its not financially feasible. But anyways I am looking at the wash gear retrofit for the credit card. Hamiltons credit card system is always giving me hassles and is very slow. This I'm sure has a lot to do with how old they are. But anyways my question is does anyone have these wash gear credit card systems? Are you happy with how they work? Are there a lot of conflicts that arise with the autocashier? Thanks.

vinh

Reaction score
I have similiar issue with my acw4. I am also thinking of upgrading to wash gear. My only issue is running a cat5 wire to acw machine. Has anyone use a wireless access point to connect to a wireless router inside the equipment in order to get high speed internet.

waterway

Reaction score
If you have a phone line already ran to the acw you should be able to tape it off to a cat cable and pull it through your conduit. At least thats what I am hoping. Although I was just reading the owners manual for Etowah Valleys credit card reader and it does mention something about the option for a auto cashier. I'm gonna call Jim this Monday to see if the option is available yet. Its a lot cheaper but it is ran through a phone line.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never used them, but you can get a universal wireless network bridge for around $50. As long as what you're connecting can be run through a regular hub or network switch, it will run through the wireless bridge.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Let us know what you find out from Jim. I have his system in my self serve bays and would love to be able to tie it to my automatic and do fleet and gift cards that will work on either one.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Doug P.

Reaction score
I have bought 5 of their systems over the last 4 years. I have had a few issues and when you do need help it gets expensive for their support. I bought 2 Hamilton ACW's with Hamiltons credit card system 10 years ago and they were a nightmare. So compared to Hamiltons old system Washgear is the best thing since sliced bread. If I needed to add credit card acceptance to a Hamilton today I would not hesitate to buy washgear. Jennifer is great to deal with at Washgear.

waterway

Reaction score
I figured I would let everyone know. I ordered a system from Jim at Etowah Valley for my hamilton and the great thing is that its about half the price of anything else I could find. It simply mounts to the door and connects to the acw through the token pulse line and jumper cables are placed on the back of every botton. I'm looking forward to installing it. He said he averages about 15 to 18 seconds to authorize a card. Plus it has a lot of unique features and he is still adding more features in the coming months to the system.

Rudy

Reaction score
WashGear hands down. I had to replace a card reader on one unit because it got used so much. That's a problem I like to have....