What's new

Credit Card system advice??

jbush66

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on adding in bay credit card readers for my 6 bay SS. I have narrowed my choices to Wash Gear and Exacta retrofit systems. Anyone have advice between the two? Cost seems to be about the same. I like the keypad option on Exacta. Either one more reliable, easier to service/fix when something goes wrong? Either have more data available? better reports? better access? software? etc. I just need to make this big decision and I cant get myself over the hump! Please help if you have experience with either of these.....
Thanks!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The wash gear is from your state and while fairly expensive. I think most people have had really good things to say about them. A local dealer put an exacta system in not too far from me and complained that the keypads were always out, and could barely keep a 6 bay working. The wash gear is probably outselling most other options for Credit cards, and the better built of the two.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You can read all about Wash Gear as they have been discussed many times. They have also been reviewed in our Customer Reviews, and last but not least they are a Forum sponsor. The main thing that this means is that I know that they provide service after the sale.

Reaction score
I had the same delima as you until about a month ago.

I wanted to put cc in my self serve bays as well. After much deliberation and reading, I went with the cc system Car Wash Concepts (Thomasville, NC) developed with USA Technologies. They are wireless readers that do not require a central computer to function. And for 10 bucks a month each (cell phone bill and data package) you get a website where you can monitor how much you did in cc in each bay, and how how much of each function you did in each bay as well. It is being installed sometime in the next two weeks.

Not what you were asking, but if you hadn't looked at it yet, though I'd throw it out there because after looking at the choices you were looking at I decided on this. Cheaper also. Just FYI. Good luck!

rzeavy

Reaction score
In Denver you have "Wash Verify" cc system company, which most of So. CA. use. - very good system

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have no experience with either system. However, my generic tip is to those looking to add CC to their SS is to examine merchant fees and your choice of processors, and factor in your fees to communicate data to the processor, whether it be internet service or toll calls. My costs are slightly over 10%.

kempape

Reaction score
according to a friend, an eport based/ wireless c card system for ss bays is about to be offered by another company also---- was told that both companies setup eport at approx $10/ month per bay... but other aspects of the fee structure might not the same . possibly they interface differently with timers(resulting in discernable difference in customer appeal),or vary in other aspects such as tech support,ease of install, warranty, etc... --kinda curious to see how these eport based systems hold up in a ss enviroment.--

kabak

Reaction score
e port

according to a friend, an eport based/ wireless c card system for ss bays is about to be offered by another company also---- was told that both companies setup eport at approx $10/ month per bay... but other aspects of the fee structure might not the same . possibly they interface differently with timers(resulting in discernable difference in customer appeal),or vary in other aspects such as tech support,ease of install, warranty, etc... --kinda curious to see how these eport based systems hold up in a ss enviroment.--
I have e porte running over two years. they work only as countdown

soapy

Reaction score
I have one wash gear system and I have not had one single problem in over a year. The fees are below 6% for me.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Bob, Please go to Customer Reviews and do everyone a service and submit another review for them. They have a few, you find their name and click on it.

lucky dog

Reaction score
credit card systems

on your choice of systems, i have been told that wash gear has a good system for credit cards but you cant expand it. the exacta system, are you doing the complete system , auto cashiers, changer , vac, bays ? i have the exacta system in one wash and i would never install again. it is to complicated to use. customers have problems using the changer. i think thier are better systems out thier. and the key pads are too expensive. i installed the wash card system at my wash and after one major prolblem with the card readers which was not wash cards problem.( dont use elk readers) the system works great. i would installe again if i ever do another wash. both systems are pricey. kevin