What's new

CREDIT CARD SCAM ALERT!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
A few days ago (on Sunday June 26th), this guy texted me in the morning saying he swiped his debit card for $20, but didn't get any tokens. I called him back immediately for more information. Odd thing was that my credit card report didn't show ANY transactions for $20 AND no transactions with card ending in 2685. He was very upset & wanted to meet ASAP for his refund. He texted me this receipt "proving" the charge. Lol! I texted him back that there were 3 problems with his "proof"! The receipt was dated for the NEXT DAY (June 27th), it was missing the Merchant on Record & receipt was in Spanish! I texted him I would NOT be meeting with him & to contact his bank for a refund. CRAZY!! Be careful, thieves are getting desperate.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
LOL! Not sure what Mayberry town you live in, but here in California any theft less than $950 has been reduced to a misdemeanor. You can steal groceries in broad daylight and no one will stop you. Trust me, my police aren't going to show up for a fake $20 receipt. It would be a waste of my time waiting! Unfortunately, I have past experience. They didn't show up when we confronted a person, trying to use about 20 counterfeit credit cards at our car wash. We called them twice, waited over an hour and they NEVER showed. I was furious!! They later admitted they were overwhelmed with more urgent police matters & short on officers that day.

soonermajic

Reaction score
LOL! Not sure what Mayberry town you live in, but here in California any theft less than $950 has been reduced to a misdemeanor. You can steal groceries in broad daylight and no one will stop you. Trust me, my police aren't going to show up for a fake $20 receipt. It would be a waste of my time waiting! Unfortunately, I have past experience. They didn't show up when we confronted a person, trying to use about 20 counterfeit credit cards at our car wash. We called them twice, waited over an hour and they NEVER showed. I was furious!! They later admitted they were overwhelmed with more urgent police matters & short on officers that day.
Im astonished, but also guessing most of this is grossly exaggerated...?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Im astonished, but also guessing most of this is grossly exaggerated...?
Truth is stranger than fiction, so I don't need to exaggerate! This happened in 2019. I even created a photo collage that I posted next to my Cash Machine. They did return & my boyfriend confronted them with photos! But, like the police told me "no victim, no crime!" Its NOT illegal to carry many credit cards, or purchase $280 in wash tokens. Since no one reported them as stolen, the police didn't come out or pursue. Research crime in California & you'll learn about shoplifting. It happens regularly at our Safeway grocery store. The employees can be fired if they confront the thief. Thieves don't usually steal more than $950, because they know its just a misdemeanor and very low of police priority.

Attachments

eckert16

Reaction score
CA really has a problem with the de-criminalizing of crimes that 'deserve' or 'qualify' for a physical police officer's presence. That is not a joke on walking out of stores without paying... unfortunately.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I've owned my car wash for 19 years now & definitely see the "writing on the wall". California is going in the wrong direction. Don't want to open a can of political worms here. But, I feel that thieves & homeless people are gaining more rights than me. It makes for a challenging environment to keep a safe, clean & secure car wash. I try to stay positive, optimistic, and focus on what I can do. No sense in complaining & worrying about the future. Business is booming & customers are happy!! 👍😊

Keno

Reaction score
Anyone with sense would get the hell out of California. Let those idiot liberals destroy it from within.
Those idiots are getting the hell out and taking their liberal philosophies with them.
yep, ask the residents of Austin, TX how they like the tech companies and workers moving there

Keno

Reaction score
Those idiots are getting the hell out and taking their liberal philosophies with them.
Didn’t you get the memo? Their liberal philosophy isn’t the problem, the problem is the government didn’t implement the liberal philosophy ”correctly” 😂 They will do it”correct” the next time around

eckert16

Reaction score
"thieves & homeless people are gaining more rights than me"

please, don't forget the elephant in the room... illegals in CA ... remember .... CA laws apply specifically to citizens.