What's new

Credit card processing for IBA

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Howdy y’all, I am in the process of purchasing a car wash and the current owner is using tsys for processing with a Hamilton pay station. I am trying to see if there are other options for this or if I can add cryptopay to the pay station. The current unit is slow and it sounds like it is going to cost a few hundred bucks to switch and if there is something I can upgrade now I will. Thanks in advance

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
You can add Cryptopay, but there are some downsides. The big one is that your fees will go up.

Roz

Reaction score
Howdy y’all, I am in the process of purchasing a car wash and the current owner is using tsys for processing with a Hamilton pay station. I am trying to see if there are other options for this or if I can add cryptopay to the pay station. The current unit is slow and it sounds like it is going to cost a few hundred bucks to switch and if there is something I can upgrade now I will. Thanks in advance
With Hamilton you have the option to switch from TSYS to First Data. The First Data costs are lower than TSYS. Ask Hamilton as they will help you with the switch - a very easy process. Also, when you speak with Hamilton ask them about a custom faceplate for your paystation as it will make it look like new and you can brand it with your wash colors or name. Not an expensive item.

Randy

Reaction score
Since your thinking about going with Cryptopay I’d go with the Cryptopay system on the ACW-5. That ACW-5 looks like it hasn’t had much love, it looks terrible. Whoever installed the 3rd party validator on the door didn’t really know what they were doing, looks like they hacked it in. But it not a total loss it can be saved and made to look nice again, polish the stainless, new face plate, buttons and decals it should look nice again. I wonder what the inside looks like.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Great, I will contact hamilton to order a new face plate. Is there anything special I need to install cryptopay on this machine?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
You can add Cryptopay, but there are some downsides. The big one is that your fees will go up.
I don't mean to veer off the subject a weee bit ... but I can't help but wonder if any of the credit card acceptance conversions exclude American Express or another credit card because of some quirks of a specific card's merchant fees?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
I have another question about the Cryptopay integration. The current credit card processor for the Hamilton is Tsys. Can I continue to use them or is a change to Worldpay required to use Cryptopay?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Well that is awesome that it includes the faceplate. That really looks good to me! I want to make sure I understand. If I order the cryptopay acw5 conversion it includes everything I need to use cryptopay on the paystation except the cryptopay coordinator.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
The last Cryptopay retro kit we bought for a WS II only had the decal. Kleen Rite told us that's what we were getting when I ordered the kit,

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
At Kleen Rite there are two options. Modified display and standard display retrofit kits. Anyone care to educate me on the difference?
About 3 years ago, I finally added cryptopay to my wash bays and my ACW4. Get the ACW kit that includes the new display. It's a much brighter led display versus the original LCD display. Pretty easy to install and looks and has been working great.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
The last Cryptopay retro kit we bought for a WS II only had the decal. Kleen Rite told us that's what we were getting when I ordered the kit,
Unfortunately the Wash Select kit is now a decal, not a new lexan face. The Hamilton kit still includes the new lexan face and looks great. I just installed a kit on an ACW5 a month or so ago and it looks brand new and has worked great.

At Kleen Rite there are two options. Modified display and standard display retrofit kits. Anyone care to educate me on the difference?

Please verify for yourself, but originally the Hamilton came with a crappy vacuum blue/green display that was impossible to read. Dixmor came out with a red retrofit display that required you to physically modify the Hamilton controller. The cryptopay kit originally came with a modified Dixmor display which required the modification on the Hamilton controller. My guess is now they are offering a Dixmor display that no longer requires the Hamilton controller to be modified. If you haven't made the mods to the ACW controller I would opt not to so that if the controller ever needs to be serviced you can still send it in to Hamilton. Again, I would verify, but I would imagine that either version of the Cryptopay Dixmor display is equally bright.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would opt not to so that if the controller ever needs to be serviced you can still send it in to Hamilton.
I wouldn't let that stop me. Send your controllers to X-Cel Electronics in Las Vegas. Dan is very reasonable on pricing and has fixed boards that anyone else would have replaced, costing hundreds of dollars more. I always made sure that mine were clearly labeled that they had been modified for the Dixmor display. He has no problem with them.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
That is all very true IB. I have used X-cel several times.
I was simply suggesting that if the unmodified Cryptopay display is as bright as the modified Cryptopay display why bother with the modification. There is always a risk of clipping off the incorrect component or soldering the wrong terminals when making the modification.

MEP001

Reaction score
IIRC when the controller is modified, it's just relocated and a separate display holder with a cable is mounted behind the opening.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
IIRC when the controller is modified, it's just relocated and a separate display holder with a cable is mounted behind the opening.
It may have changed, but when they first came out I installed the Dixmor display on all of my ACW 4-5s. IIRC, I had to clip off some kind of doohickey on the board and solder on a jumper wire. A jumper wire for sure. I could be thinking of something else on the clipping off part, but I don't think so.

Randy

Reaction score
The picture in the original post shows a red display so the controller has probably already been modified. The problem he's going to have is when he buys the Cryptopay kit it's going to come with a face panel that's cut out for a Hamilton validator and the validator in the pictured ACW-5 has been moved next to the the display so he going to have a big hole where the validator should be. I'd contact Cryptopay and see if it is possible the get a face panel without a validator hole and then cut out the validator when the face panel is installed on the front of the ACW-5. It would be easy enough to determine if the controller has already been modified by taking it off and looking at the display.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
So, according to the previous owner the old bill validate wasn’t reliable so they had it replaced with one the runs in and down, therefore it wouldn’t fit in the old location. The old validator is still in the acw. Should I try to go back to using the original location? I can blank the unused hole.

Attachments