What's new

credit card problem with wash selectII

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
All, my Wash SelectII is not accepting credit cards and I'm getting 2 different messages. 1) Bad Card Read and 2) Declined Network Error N. My attendant called about the problem, so I haven't been to the wash to check myself. Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

Scott

MikeV

Reaction score
I think you may have lost your phone connection. Take a cheapo hand held phone and plug you phone line that goes to the modem and see if you have a dial tone. If not, thats your problem. If you do then you may have a bad modem.

MEP001

Reaction score
MikeV said:
I think you may have lost your phone connection. Take a cheapo hand held phone and plug you phone line that goes to the modem and see if you have a dial tone. If not, thats your problem. If you do then you may have a bad modem.
Make sure you unplug the phone line from the Unitec first (I think that's what MikeV meant, just making sure). The modem can be "fried" with a closed circuit, and a phone plugged into a different jack will appear dead. You can also call in to the phone number and if you get a busy signal with the modem plugged in, it's probably toast.

Fatboy769

Reaction score
Well, turns out that it wasn't a problem with the Wash Select II. My phone line is not supposed to have voice mail on it, but somehow someone was able to call and leave a message. If you unplugged the phone line going to the Wash Select II and plugged in a phone, I would get a series of beeps before the dial tone, which wouldn't let the modem dial out. Once I removed the voice mail, everything worked great. Mike and Mep, thanks for the advice.

MEP001

Reaction score
So what was the voice mail about?

Fatboy769

Reaction score
So what was the voice mail about?

It was from a nurse at a local doctors office, who was checking on a male paitent who had recently had a heart cath. Needless to say, she had the wrong number, but at least I was only down a few hours and the weather wasn't that great during that time. Hopefully, his heart cath went better than the follow up did.