What's new

Credit Card - Count up or Count down - Case closed.

blurdgman

Reaction score
Putting CC in most frequented bay is not the answer. A CC customer will not necessarily stand in line for that one bay. Try the last frequented bay with your one CC. Actually you should do all the bays.
Those that put a short time limit on the CC user are doing themselves a disservice. The great advantage of CC use is for the customer to leisurely wash until he/she feels they're finished. Consequently they use more time happily rather than rushing to beat the clock.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I put my new box with the cc in my most frequented bay so that I could get the most exposure for the system. I know I should do all the bays, but I didn't have an extra $20,000 lying around.

I would love to say that my wash is busy enough to where I would have to worry about people stacking up, but its not right now. Whether it is the economy, weather I don't know, it just isn't super busy right now. I think it would be great to see people stacking up in that particular bay, that would prove that I made a good investment and that is ultimately what I am looking for in purchasing this box with cc and in bay bill acceptance. I have every intention of adding cc to all my bays, but first I wanted to see my customers reaction before I bought new boxes for all of them at $2600/bay.

MEP001

Reaction score
blurdgman said:
A CC customer will not necessarily stand in line for that one bay.
Yes, they will. You want the CC system in the bay where it will get the most exposure to customers.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Just a little update: I have been waiting to open up my bay because I haven't gotten my merchant card yet. I got to the wash last night and had 6 messages about when the bay was going to open and how the cc system worked. Had I not placed it in the bay next to the changers/vending machine, no one would have even noticed the new box. I haven't even installed signs yet doing any advertising. I am ecstatic with the placement and the response even though I haven't opened it up yet.