What's new

Credit Card Chargebacks

TurboJet

Reaction score
Each month I get several credit card chargebacks from my processor.

They ask for the signed receipt to verify the transaction. I explain there is no signed transaction receipt, the customer selects the number of tokens, the equipment processes the transaction and issues them a receipt. High speed ADSL line processes the transaction realtime - no batching and processing later.

The only thing I can do is go over my video to prove who swiped the transaction.

Anyone else encountered these issues, or is it my processor. I'm using a Standard Credit Card to Token machine.

Thx. Turbo.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
What is a "chargeback"? From your description, it sounds like the customer is disputing the charge?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Had somewhat same problem at my IBA with a Visa. Visa will not allow video for proof. Customer was disputing transaction.

It turned out that my account was not correctly set up. I need to fill out a form with some additional details so I could be clasified as "no signature" type account.

I would contact your processor and discuss. This should be a familiar tpic for them.

I beleieve that these issues are credit card company related and demontstrates that their system does not work, hence the reason they are now going to a chip credit card with pin number. That solves this problem.

BigLeo

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You can use the video to take the person into small claims court, or if they do it a couple times, that is fraud by credit card and the police can get involved.

TurboJet

Reaction score
Yes, customer disputes the charge, my bank account gets debited for the disputed amount plus I get dinged a service charge.

Thanks Bigleo for the heads up on the "No signature Account". I went over the paperwork I submitted to the processor and no where is a no signature account option offered. I will contact them and find out.

Thanks again. Turbo.

washnvac

Reaction score
When you gas up with a cc, there is no sig. Ask someone who owns a gas station how they handle it. I have used video once to dispute the chargeback. Once the person found I had video, they dropped the chargeback case. Go figure??

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Sue them for the chargeback if they are on video. Most states allow for treble (triple) damages plus attorney's fees for conversion and theft. So you may be able to get triple your money back plus all costs and expenses plus your attorney's fees paid.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We sell gas. We often end up eating the disputed charges on the non face to face pay at the pump transactions. FWIW this is how the thieves test or use stolen cards. Seeing if they have been canceld before buying a bigger ticket item is key. SS washes are prime for this test. Run the card and see if it works at the SS wash. Then go buy a bunch of gas or anywhere else with self checkouts.

Merchants have been taking it in the shorts for too long. All credit cards should require entry of a PIN. Putting in the Zip code is BS. If you lose your wallet, or if oit's stolen, they have the zip code.