What's new

Credit card acceptors

Jason Studer

Reaction score
What are my different manufacture options, % of charges, and your opinions.

I want to add them to four Ginsan self serve bays, two vacs, and one three column vending machine.

Thanks for your input, Jason

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Here are 3.

Wash Gear
Wash Card
Cryptopay

It's a religion on this forum which one to go with. From posts, it's typical to be paying around 5% of revenue to a cc processor for their service. That seems to hold true for me as well.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Here are 3.

Wash Gear
Wash Card
Cryptopay

It's a religion on this forum which one to go with. From posts, it's typical to be paying around 5% of revenue to a cc processor for their service. That seems to hold true for me as well.

Don't know if it's a religion.

Crypto seemed to be the Cheapest and simplest install available.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton D.A.N. is very good, but the hardware is pricey and the fees are a little high.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
crypto pay is easy and good. customers like it. count up the money spent on display; best way i.m.o.

cc fees are 5-6%. just a cost we must absorb. price services accordingly. i am $3 /4min startup

Jason Studer

Reaction score
I would have loved top start out with a credit card acceptor on my change machine,but my Rowe BC1400 is not compatible.

Has any one been charging the customer for the C.C. fee. Here in Minnesota we can now forward that charge to the customer. Not sure how that would go over with the customer. 5% of $5-$6 is not much, 5% of $5000 can add up every month.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
A lot of operators up here in the Pacific Northwest are installing USA Technologies https://www.usatech.com/products-services/eport-connect E-port card readers on the front of their Bill Changers instead of putting a card reader in every bay. They seem to be working out well. One guy I know put one on his Bill Changer that dispenses Quarters.
Randy,

That is an interesting development! If Jason is a token operator ... it could possibly be an even better fit. Based on my positive experience & many laundromat owners ... if we could get some serious lobbying from larger Metro areas (with the ATM manufacturers & distributors) so they would more commonly include a hopper instead of just having the ability to dispense just more than one bill denomination ... ATM seems to be a better option. It has been over 4 years since we put in our ATM to satisfy the "no cash carry people" ... we honestly do not see where our ATM has been one speck more of a security risk than having bill changers. I may be wrong but I doubt that as long as the tokens from the hopper is clearly labeled as only an option & they could still get bills if they chose ... that there would be a problem legally.

mike

Last edited:

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Has any one been charging the customer for the C.C. fee. Here in Minnesota we can now forward that charge to the customer. Not sure how that would go over with the customer. 5% of $5-$6 is not much, 5% of $5000 can add up every month.
I've been thinking about it, but dont like what I'm seeing about the regulations - I posted my questions separately to avoid hijacking this thread:
http://www.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?13081-credit-card-convenience-fee-surcharge&p=97692#post97692

BBE

Reaction score
A lot of operators up here in the Pacific Northwest are installing USA Technologies https://www.usatech.com/products-services/eport-connect E-port card readers on the front of their Bill Changers instead of putting a card reader in every bay. They seem to be working out well. One guy I know put one on his Bill Changer that dispenses Quarters.
Interesting. So basically he is losing money every single time someone uses a credit card at his facility. He's just swapping money for money and eating the processing fee... Or he is agreeing to pay them to use his facility :) Anywho, do you know if this is possible with American Changer?

pgrzes

Reaction score
Interesting. So basically he is losing money every single time someone uses a credit card at his facility. He's just swapping money for money and eating the processing fee... Or he is agreeing to pay them to use his facility :) Anywho, do you know if this is possible with American Changer?
I just put a Cryptopay swiper on my American Changer that dispenses $1 tokens. I have 110v mag50's. Right now I have a separate 24v power supply for the swiper and used a relay to cycle the pulses. I had to have Tom at Cryptopay change the pulse output. I have a swiper without the button and set it up for a $5 charge only. Just finished yesterday, I allready see that I will be trying to hone this in for a better setup. I can see I need to find 24v inside the cabinet that shuts the swiper down when something goes wrong with changer.

Randy

Reaction score
I thought it was rather odd that he would do it that way but said that he’s OK with it. So I guess it’s OK, what ever makes him happy. He told me the last time I talked to him that he was doing around 60% credit card sales and business overall was up, even with the fee's. Yes you can put a USA Technologies card reader on an American changer.

Randy

Reaction score
I just put a Cryptopay swiper on my American Changer that dispenses $1 tokens. I have 110v mag50's. Right now I have a separate 24v power supply for the swiper and used a relay to cycle the pulses. I had to have Tom at Cryptopay change the pulse output. I have a swiper without the button and set it up for a $5 charge only. Just finished yesterday, I allready see that I will be trying to hone this in for a better setup. I can see I need to find 24v inside the cabinet that shuts the swiper down when something goes wrong with changer.
Pete, if you want the reader to turn off when the changer goes out of service you need to put a relay on the out of service light. When the light comes on the relay should turn off the power to the credit card reader. Be careful, some Bill changers the out of service light is hot all the time, the controller closes the common to turn on the out of service light.

L

loewem

With Randy's help I did what Randy is describing using a USATech e-port. Pretty easy and inexpensive for the equipment and the fees are about 5%. The equipment cost about $400 and a 24 volt transformer for $20. I like to keep things simple, so one place to get tokens for credit cards rather than card readers on everything is better for me. They have nice reporting via the usatech site.