What's new

Credit Card accepted but no money in bank

Excel

Reaction score
I reviewed my bank deposits for credit card deposits and noticed I haven't had a deposit since the end of October. I called the Merchant Card processer and they indicated that they haven't received any batches in that time frame. I know the credit card reader is working in my WSII but money is not making it to the bank. I have not changed any settings and the system has been working fine for over 5 years, but now something is wrong. Any hints.. this was an area that I never worried about before.. with the economy, thieves hitting my vacuums, RE taxes and now this I can't afford to be just giving away money.:confused:

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
We had this same exact thing happen last year and it was a nightmare. No one would accept responsibility or could figure out what happened. At the end of the day we ended up changing to a different merchant service. We lost over two weeks of charges that never made it to our account. Wish you luck on this....

washman9

Reaction score
are you with mercury payment systems. if so you can have your supplier call them and they can remotely go into the auto cashier and find the stored data. it takes some time and persistence in getting them to do this but i know it can be done. to my understanding the wash select 2's hold this data internally until confirmation of batch is done. my supplier is outstanding and was very helpful to us. i also am told that we as owners can not speak to mercury directly but must come from your unitec supplier. we are not at all happy about that but again, so long as i have such outstanding support from my supplier, not as much of an issue to us at present.

hope this helps in some way.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
The unitecs will store a limited number of transactions...I don't remember how many but that was the problem we had....it only stores x number and when that number is reached it basically writes over the others....at least that is what we had....I want to say the number is 300 and for our location over 50% of our transactions were by credit cards so we ending up losing quite a bit....washman9 is correct in that they may be able to manually push some thru if you print the transaction log and mail it to your merchant provider...they did that with us but that only worked for the ones that had not been overwritten and even then we got complaints from some customers that the charges showed up twice on their accounts.