What's new

Credit Card Acceptance

vguard296

Reaction score
Monex seems to be a pretty dang good option.
But $50/mo... is that per bay? That could get hella expensive!
$50/mo was for one of their cellular routers. Our property was to big to reach all the bays and I ended up hardwiring all the readers and returned the router.

HCCW

Reaction score
Any useful comments are appreciated. I am purchasing a cryptopay reader and coin box that has yet to be installed. I contacted cryptopay to try and understand exactly what the process entailed as far as getting the customers cards to process. They informed me that they use WorldPay as their processor and that I needed to contact WP to set up the account. What I need help in understanding is this: Is WorldPay the only processor that can be used by the CryptoPay system or are there better credit card processors out there that charge less per transaction? To be fair, I have yet to hear back from WorldPay on what their fees are. Hope this question all makes sense and thanks for your time.
We had a processor for 20 years that we loved. Then they switched us to Worldpay (no idea why they changed). Worst year of my car washing career. I tried hard to like them and give them the benefit of the doubt, but wow. Way too many problems to list them all here - but needless to say, after 21 years I dumped our original company and switched all of our locations to a new guy that uses Tranlink (or Transfirst? I can’t remember right now). Anyway, the last 3 years have been heaven. Translink is so professional and easy to work with and their fees are much lower. Wish I would’ve switched earlier. If WP was the only option left on planet earth I think I would just take quarters. (That’s a joke. Maybe.)

Randy

Reaction score
We had a processor for 20 years that we loved. Then they switched us to Worldpay (no idea why they changed). Worst year of my car washing career. I tried hard to like them and give them the benefit of the doubt, but wow. Way too many problems to list them all here - but needless to say, after 21 years I dumped our original company and switched all of our locations to a new guy that uses Tranlink (or Transfirst? I can’t remember right now). Anyway, the last 3 years have been heaven. Translink is so professional and easy to work with and their fees are much lower. Wish I would’ve switched earlier. If WP was the only option left on planet earth I think I would just take quarters. (That’s a joke. Maybe.)
Who's credit card system are you using?

HCCW

Reaction score
Never heard of them but it looks like nice option.

Only thing is it doesn't seem like it capable of doing any kind of fleet washing or loyalty?
They do fleet and loyalty and that’s been awesome for us. But they don’t have a tap option. We are starting to get desperate because our customers keep asking for it and more and more people have cards with mag strips that don’t work. But I can’t find ANY card acceptance hardware except for Washgear that doesn’t take any fees from you ever - just the initial purchase price - and lets you pick your own processor. I can’t tell you how great that has been.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
They do fleet and loyalty and that’s been awesome for us. But they don’t have a tap option. We are starting to get desperate because our customers keep asking for it and more and more people have cards with mag strips that don’t work. But I can’t find ANY card acceptance hardware except for Washgear that doesn’t take any fees from you ever - just the initial purchase price - and lets you pick your own processor. I can’t tell you how great that has been.

Strange that you've had so many problems with the world pay. I have them on my IBA side of my one wash. No real issues, but the interface could be a lot better from the manager/owners end.

Has Monex agent heading the top pay in the future on their terminals?

I'm wanting to upgrade my meter boxes and not sure who I want to go with. Been with WashCard since I bought the wash and they've been absolutely fantastic and their services great but you pay for it through their fees.

ETA:

No tap is serious problem though! I think more people use tap than the stripe these days, although obviously in the car wash environment were so far behind and technology that all I have is swipe for now.

HCCW

Reaction score
Strange that you've had so many problems with the world pay. I have them on my IBA side of my one wash. No real issues, but the interface could be a lot better from the manager/owners end.

I'm wanting to upgrade my meter boxes and not sure who I want to go with. Been with WashCard since I bought the wash and they've been absolutely fantastic and their services great but you pay for it through their fees.

ETA:

No tap is serious problem though! I think more people use tap than the stripe these days, although obviously in the car wash environment were so far behind and technology that all I have is swipe for now.
We had Washcard the first 5 years of our operation and they do have a great product with great support. There were no fees tied to their product back then. When we decided to upgrade, the ONLY reason we didn’t choose Washcard was the ongoing fees that were tied to their new system. No joke. We loved them.

HCCW

Reaction score

ETA:

Agreed. We are losing more and more transactions to people who leave because their mag strip isn’t working. We need tap now. I think you’ll be hard pressed to beat Washcard. Since I haven’t used their system since they started taking fees, can you tell me how much they take as a percentage? I may be going back to them after all this time and I want to prepare myself for the sticker shock.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Agreed. We are losing more and more transactions to people who leave because their mag strip isn’t working. We need tap now. I think you’ll be hard pressed to beat Washcard. Since I haven’t used their system since they started taking fees, can you tell me how much they take as a percentage? I may be going back to them after all this time and I want to prepare myself for the sticker shock.
I could be wrong.....but it looks like 3.5% all in. Besides the individual transaction fees, I believe there's also monthly service fees, etc

Does that sound about right?

HCCW

Reaction score
I could be wrong.....but it looks like 3.5% all in. Besides the individual transaction fees, I believe there's also monthly service fees, etc

Does that sound about right?
3.5% sounds like the credit card “processing” fees that everyone has to pay, regardless of what equipment they use. I’m curious about the extra fees that Washcard takes.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
They do fleet and loyalty and that’s been awesome for us. But they don’t have a tap option.
Am I reading something incorrectly? What doesn’t take Tap…not the Monex reader?
On the Monex unit it shows it takes Apple etc which are all tap. Or are you saying the fleet cards they provide aren’t tap? I’m confused.

HCCW

Reaction score
Sorry, i
Am I reading something incorrectly? What doesn’t take Tap…not the Monex reader?
On the Monex unit it shows it takes Apple etc which are all tap. Or are you saying the fleet cards they provide aren’t tap? I’m confused.
Sorry, I’ve been known to be unclear😄. I’m talking about Washgear. I’ve looked in to Monex and no way. I’m too spoiled picking my own processor, not paying any fees for the hardware, having my car wash name show on customers bank statements, etc.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Sorry, i

Sorry, I’ve been known to be unclear😄. I’m talking about Washgear. I’ve looked in to Monex and no way. I’m too spoiled picking my own processor, not paying any fees for the hardware, having my car wash name show on customers bank statements, etc.
No, that figure came off the monthly fee. I was charged compared to my gross sales between credit cards and loyalty cards.

Randy

Reaction score
I’m a little surprised that Wash Gear is still in operation. The last time I tried to call them it went to voice mail and no one ever called back. There web site https://washgear.com/ is down for maintenance and has been for some time.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I’m a little surprised that Wash Gear is still in operation. The last time I tried to call them it went to voice mail and no one ever called back. There web site https://washgear.com/ is down for maintenance and has been for some time.
I tried contacting them a few months ago, it was the same, no way to contact anyone there.

OurTown

Reaction score

That's how some companies roll like Etowah Valley. They never call you back and the newest downloadable catalog they have is from 2018. At least their website works. Don't get me started on contractors not calling back. It's nuts. They must have work coming out their ears.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
That's how some companies roll like Etowah Valley. They never call you back and the newest downloadable catalog they have is from 2018. At least their website works. Don't get me started on contractors not calling back. It's nuts. They must have work coming out their ears.
I can't speak for Etowah Valley. Washgear, though, was great for getting back us. We ended up moving onto Cryptopay due to fees.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's been at least a couple years since I last talked to someone at Washgear. They were willing to work with me to create a meter box and replacement doors that incorporate their system, but now that everyone is moving to tap I don't see that happening.