What's new

Create an Ebay Store?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone using an Ebay store to sell gift cards, pre-paid carwashes, tokens, etc.?

I have a friend who owns an outdoor store and he's hurting for sales. I asked him if he sold on Ebay and was surprised when he said no, he was not.

I suggested to his wife that they sell on Ebay or create an Ebay store for their merchandise.

Then I thought that maybe I should do the same.

What are your thoughts on this idea? Thanks.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
That might not be a bad idea, maybe the Forum should get one and everyone could put their old parts and equipment in it and unload some of it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like that idea. I'm always looking for good deals and I don't mind buying some used items.

I'm even 'seasoned' enough to havea few used items to sell!

mac

Reaction score
Bill, I like that idea. I've played with setting up a store but lost my patience and fun trying to set it up. I've got lots of things to put on one.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
My own take is that you can search on eBay for "Car Wash Equipment" and "Used Car Wash Equipment and get 15-25 items listed for sale anytime you try. There is also the AutoCareForum "Classifieds" to do the same thing. I have used eBay for over a year now to get specific equipment I want and been successful at it. I have also tried the "Classified" here to sell and done reasonably well.

Waxman, if I were trying to sell gift cards and VIP cards to local area customers, I would use Craig's List for this. If I was offering and wanted to sell or reach a nation wide clientele then I would use eBay.

Bill, it might work to have an eBay store on the forum, but I am not sure it would be effective. No point in reinventing the wheel!

Using eBay does demand that you watch it every day to see what is happening. You also have to understand that you are going to get stolen equipment and descriptions of equipment that are not exactly correct.

eBay is a great market place but you do have to remember to read every description very carefully and be cautious.

Uncle Sam :)