What's new

Create A Tradition... And Distinguish Yourself!

Etowah

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
In today's fast-paced world with the desensitizing of face-to-face communication, I suggest that carwash owners and detailers get out and greet their customers and offer a warm THANK YOU to each and every customer that comes in. Everybody! And while you're at it, be sure to show your appreciation to your staff on THANKSGIVING. Make it a Thanksgiving tradition.

I feel the warm gesture is genuinely appreciated by all that you speak with, as well as distinguishes your business while providing intangible linkage that builds strong satisfaction and customer retention.

And for those owners who operate express washes, it may be worth the extra effort of showing your concerned face during the holidays. Extend a sincere THANK YOU to all those who patronize your business, especially in there challenging economic times.

I encourage owners to do what I enjoyed doing while personally giving out the treats. It is important to extend a friendly face-to-face greeting and warm wishes with each and every customer. It's a great way to establish a strong positive connection with your clientele. People like to know the "boss" on a first-name basis, and the impact on retention is huge.

Another customer appreciation gift that we've used... and I heartily recommend is a seasonal treat. Thanksgiving, especially in the colder climates, is ideal for warm apple cider & cinnamon stick. The THANK YOU was a real treat, even for those who pass on the treat... but remember the gesture. I also recommend gingerbread cookies throughout the month of December. Find a bakery that will customize the cookies with your name and a holiday message.

In a world of electronic conversation via email, twits and stuff, replete with a growing insulation of warm smiling face-to-face communication, I genuinely feel it's extremely smart to pause... and show your customers that a real-live person cares enough to get out and engage them with a simple THANKS FOR STOPPING BY... HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON!

A warm smile is FREE, and the rewards are priceless. It doesn't cost a thing to be nice, but the rewards are truly gratifying.

It's a prefect opportunity, and timing is everything. Owners, Distinguish
Yourselves... and Your Business!

You snooze, You Lose.:eek:

-Steve

Red Baron

Reaction score
If I see a regular customer sometimes I'll give him the $9 wash for free and tell him: You come here a lot, this one's on us.

My goal is to have someone speak on my behalf when someone I have chewed out is complaining about me at his church on Sunday morning. :)

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
If I see a regular customer sometimes I'll give him the $9 wash for free and tell him: You come here a lot, this one's on us.

My goal is to have someone speak on my behalf when someone I have chewed out is complaining about me at his church on Sunday morning. :)
I do the same thing at our washes, and I'll add a couple of quarters in the timers of the self serve bays. I've been at the washes for over eleven years and can recognize lots of regulars who have been with us for years.
Also, when customers come in with extremely dirty-road film, I'll put quarters in and show them the benefit of using presoak, or Rainx. It definitely makes an impression.