What's new

Crack filler where wall meets bay floor??

Harper220

Reaction score
Hello, I need to fill in the cracks where the wall meets the bay floor. I want good commercial grade product that will hold up. Any suggestions on brands and where to buy? Do not want the black stuff. Also is it necesary to get every last bit of water out of the cracks before applying, as this will be most likely impossible.

thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Hello, I need to fill in the cracks where the wall meets the bay floor. I want good commercial grade product that will hold up. Any suggestions on brands and where to buy? Do not want the black stuff. Also is it necesary to get every last bit of water out of the cracks before applying, as this will be most likely impossible.

thanks
Is the crack mostly vertical or horizontal. If vertical I have used a self leveling concrete crack filler from Home Depot in a caulking type tube.

Reds

Reaction score
PL brand self leveling concrete caulk works good on horizontal joints and is the same gray color as concrete. The difficult part is getting the cement on each side of the crack clean and dry so it will stick. I have some that has lasted for years, and some that has only lasted one year due to not adhering to the concrete block on the side of the crack. Clean it, wire brush it, blow it out, let it dry, then put it on. If the joints are deep you can fill them with sand or they make a foam rope just for that purpose.

Last edited:

mikeexpress

Reaction score
something to think that I used is.have a local paking lot sealcoater come out and they can fill them in with the hot rubber that they use for asphalt and it holds up real good. I have also did the same thing on my roof. i have a concrete slab style.Make sure to get someone that is well known in your area and not a newbie