What's new

CPI/Mars validator price increase

Randy

Reaction score
I was informed yesterday that CPI/Mars is having an immediate price increase of roughly 25% on most validators and parts. I think this is the third or fourth price increase in the last 18 months. Everything has gotten crazy expensive

OurTown

Reaction score
That is a big increase. It's hard to imagine that they recently had an increase of that size on their operating expenses. Are some of these companies just testing the waters to see how high they can go?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine that they recently had an increase of that size on their operating expenses.
We've seen almost 500% increase in stainless prices in the last 24 months. Many solenoids have more than doubled, and in some cases tripled, in cost in that time period. Hoses, tubing, nuts, bolts, etc have all gone up dramatically. We've been able to second, third, and fourth source a lot of items to try to control the costs but it's reality.......and going to get worse before it gets better.

OurTown

Reaction score
We've seen almost 500% increase in stainless prices in the last 24 months. Many solenoids have more than doubled, and in some cases tripled, in cost in that time period. Hoses, tubing, nuts, bolts, etc have all gone up dramatically. We've been able to second, third, and fourth source a lot of items to try to control the costs but it's reality.......and going to get worse before it gets better.

Stainless steel might be a precious metal now. 😁

Roz

Reaction score
It's all about supply and demand. Prices may increase today but decrease later (like Tesla). I think we are just jealous that carwash owners cannot easily increase our prices especially given all the competition.