What's new

Coupons in SS

Reds

Reaction score
Does anyone use Mars coupons in their SS bays? I have some government offices that want a way to pay for their washes and then be billed for what they use. I would prefer not to use tokens. My bill acceptors are Mars 2512. Supposedly the 2000 series acceptors are coupon ready. I'm just wondering if anyone has used coupons and if there were any problems with them. They cost $249 for 500 coupons and I'm not sure if it's worth doing.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a few customers who use the Mars/MEI coupons and they seem pretty please with them. They are expensive and the Mars validator sees them as cash.

Not all Mars validators have the capability to accept Coupons

Mars/MEI Products with Coupon Capabilities

All MEI series 2000 combo acceptors

MEI VN2500 bill acceptors manufactured after Sept. 30, 2002 accept MEI coupons

MEI VN2500 bill acceptors manufactured between Nov. 1999 and Sept. 27, 2002, can be upgraded to take MEI coupons by using the Bill Programming Module (BPM)

MEI AE2600 bill acceptors manufactured after Nov. 1, 2003 accept MEI coupons

MEI AE2600 bill acceptors manufactured prior to Nov. 2003 can be configured to take MEI coupons by upgrading the control board

waterway

Reaction score
I used them for a while in my self service bays. They worked well. Really easy to program. Stop using them though because the purchaser was buying so few. If you look on the Mars website they usually run a special for the first like $500 generic ones. I just bought those and that ended up being all I needed.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I used them for a while in my self service bays. They worked well. Really easy to program. Stop using them though because the purchaser was buying so few. If you look on the Mars website they usually run a special for the first like $500 generic ones. I just bought those and that ended up being all I needed.
Generic??? I wonder if the same safeguards are in place in terms of a specific code in the print on each operator's specific coupons that would make them as safe & non transferable as coded tokens?

MJ

MEP001

Reaction score
mjwalsh said:
Generic??? I wonder if the same safeguards are in place in terms of a specific code in the print on each operator's specific coupons that would make them as safe & non transferable as coded tokens?
"Generic" in this case just means they aren't custom-printed.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I'd like to use them but .50 cents for a piece of paper the size of a bill seems expensive.

Question-- can you purchase them or program them so that they have a $5 value?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I would hate to pay .50 each too, but if they last for 5 uses, then its .05.

Reds

Reaction score
MEI coupon printer is sending me one $5 generic coupon so that I can make sure that they will work in my bill acceptors. You can also get them in $1 coupons. If it works I will order some.