What's new

Cost per wash

Kipster

Reaction score
I would like to inquire about the cost per wash between the IBA'S friction and touch free wash equipment.
IE,
Ryko, Washworld, PDQ, Istobal, Belinger, MarkVII
It would include water, sewer, electric, chemical. maintance
Thanks in advance for the help

MikeV

Reaction score
The Futura systems (Revolution, Millennium, Impulse) figures come out to something like ;4 pass wash-.55, 6 pass wash-.85, 8 pass wash-1.25, 10 pass wash-1.75. These are approximate numbers advertised by Specialty and from my own calculations at my wash. Hope this helps.

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
I would like to inquire about the cost per wash between the IBA'S friction and touch free wash equipment.
IE,
Ryko, Washworld, PDQ, Istobal, Belinger, MarkVII
It would include water, sewer, electric, chemical. maintance
Thanks in advance for the help
It's not that simple of a question.....Other factors involved such as Cost per gallon of the chemicals used...And in what dilution ratios....And how an operator has is wash packages set up set up...Number of passes and what those passes are.....

Kipster

Reaction score
Thanks MikeV
Mr.Aap
You are correct on all aspects, I was just trying to get average examples of what some of the operators like MikeV was paying.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think Mike's numbers are probably good ballpark figures for most touch free systems - possibly variable by 10-15% depending on the chemicals, passes and local utility rates. For most friction units you could reduce those numbers by 40-50%. Most of the equipment manufacturers can give you a pretty good idea of costs for operating their equipment including all those you mentioned. Keep in mind that water and sewer and gas and electric rates can vary greatly even from town to town.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Experience and the literature have shown the interval of cost is very broad. Consequently, apple to apple comparisons are difficult.

Consider the operating expenses of these two washes.

Ryko friction: $0.20 chemical, $1.00 utilities and $0.59 maintenance equals $1.79 per car

PDQ touch-less: $0.45 chemical, $0.80 utilities and $0.24 maintenance equals $1.49 per car

However, if we moved the PDQ unit to where the Ryko is located (high water costs), the PDQ’s utilities would rise to $1.60 per car or a total cost of $2.29 per car.

Overall, chemical accounts for roughly 4.9 percent of annual industry revenues. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the price of car wash chemicals has increased at an average annual rate of 4 percent between 2004 and 2009.

Overall, the cost of utilities is estimated to account for roughly 12 percent of industry revenue, fresh water consumption is estimated at roughly 7 percent of industry revenue.

Something else to consider in making such comparisons is the cost of obsolescence or depreciation which also varies significantly amongst brands and models.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
I have a washworld high velocity (also known as a laser 4000) that is running at 15.5 % for chemical and 25% for utilities compared to revenue. I have a G5 that runs 15% chemical and 12% for utiities compared to revenue. So there definetly are many factors that contribute to final outcome, non of the industry averages are even close to what my current reality is? imagine that?

soapy

Reaction score
The most over looked cost of a IBA is the per wash equipment cost. If you pay $100,000 for the wash and it does 100,000 washes over its life that is a per wash cost of $1 for the equipment. 200,000 washes would lower equipment cost to .50 cents. This does not include the maintenance of any IBA which probably start on the low side at .10 per wash and goes up.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
I think the cost of machine falls in the fixed asset category which is why its not part of operating expenses. Obviously the longer you get out of machine the better, which is why continuous repairs are necessary to get maximum life out of unit.