What's new

Corvette (70's stingray style) is too low. WW Razor's IBA. System won't start.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
As the title indicates, I have a customer who has a 70's corvette that is really low. He pulls into the wash but the system will not start the wash. I'm thinking this is because his car is so low, never had this issue with another car and it's happened to him multiple times. Other times I've sent him through to another bay and it's worked. this time neither bay will work. Washworld Razor system in both bays.

Anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I adjusted the sensors if it would help but I don't want to mess up the set-up.

Thanks, Dan

EDIT: Spoke to the distributor who has a lot of experience with these and he doesn't think there is a way to force the system on.

Last edited:

D3Dubs

Reaction score
We adjusted ours for the same issue

/QUOTE]

Was the adjustment difficult?

Edit: Also, do you think if the customer drove their car in to the left side of the bay they would have a better chance of breaking the line of the sensors?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I just unloosened the two clamps holding the tube with the sensors and rotated it down a little same for the other side.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Hello Dan,
Typically in this type of situation the best thing to do is verify that the photo eyes are truly aligned and verify what the settings are on the Dual Channel Amplifier, the proper Dip Switch and Gain settings are very important in functioning properly. The "Gain" setting should currently be set at "6", if set too high this may be the result of this issue. The Razor Manual provides the proper settings for the Amplifier in Troubleshooting Section of the Manual, complete with a pictorial of each switch and dial with a description of the function as well as the settings. If the problem would to persist with everything verified, the next alternative would be to decrease the "Gain" slightly this will decrease the transmitting strength of the photo eye and reduce the possibility of the signal making its way around the vehicle. Next time you are at your location please give Washworld Technical Support or myself a call, we would be happy to go through the settings and ensure you no longer have this issue. We are always available 24/7, (920)338-9278