What's new

Conveyor advice

charliewash59

Reaction score
we need a new conveyor at wash--- my present one is working but it is limping along - having to weld it and buy new rollers often - - should I keep welding or should I look to buy the new one now (even though it will be very tough to buy one)

any advice will be appreciated on the prices I have been quote:

MacNeil XR - 1000 HYD Conveyor 60" w/3/4 dolly spacing = 27,670
Additional conveyor 9.435

total equipment package comes to $46,887
install $12,000 - that will not include electrical and plumbing on us

Total Price for this package is $65,298 (a couple other things that add up to this price)

Are these the price one would expect to install this conveyor 80 FT.

Is this a good conveyor? - are there others out there better - like I said any advice is much appreciated - have been in this business for 2 yrs.
Thanks!

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I seen/read about a lot of operators switching to Motor City conveyors. You might try getting a quote from them.

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
I dont know what part of the country you’re in, but you should take a look at the Sonny’s conveyor as well.

MC3033

Reaction score
Does that include a power pack (or is it electric drive, VFD?) or just a conveyor? Grating, correlative or wye section included?

bare bones for an 80’ hydraulic that would be high.

motor city is great, Sonnys as well

buda

Reaction score
we need a new conveyor at wash--- my present one is working but it is limping along - having to weld it and buy new rollers often - - should I keep welding or should I look to buy the new one now (even though it will be very tough to buy one)

Total Price for this package is $65,298 (a couple other things that add up to this price)

Is this a good conveyor? - are there others out there better - like I said any advice is much appreciated - have been in this business for 2 yrs.
Thanks!
If I were you I would check the SONNY'S prices for a conveyor. Had a 100' SONNY'S conveyor in my exterior wash with no problems.

pjhuzz

Reaction score
If I were you I would check the SONNY'S prices for a conveyor. Had a 100' SONNY'S conveyor in my exterior wash with no problems.
I Agree.....We put in a 120' Sonny's low profile conveyor with the banana peel rails and log chain. Been a few years, and haven't had to do anything to it other than grease and tighten the chain. Love it!

Texas

Reaction score
Motor city quotes I had were the most expensive

jfmoran

Reaction score

Thanks!

Where are you located?

kmc19680

Reaction score
Charlie - we have both Sonnys tunnels and Motor City tunnels. We deeply regret trying Motor City. The experience on both of our Motor City tunnels has been a nightmare.

I’d bite the bullet for a new Sonnys conveyor if I were in your shoes. Cheers :)

Dcpagejr

Reaction score
Charlie, I represent AVW equipment and would be happy to give you a quote.
I would need to know your location. We have guy all over the country ready to help.